• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MidAtlantic Captain Positions At 01/99 DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MDA has a Crew base in PIT. PHL should open in July or Aug. All training is moving to CLT. That has not yet been announced as a base, but the rumors are out there. The only two for sure are PIT and PHL.

Furloughed Again,

I was sort of hoping you'd help my seniority a bit;)

In all seriousness, I am proud to know that I work amongst such professionals as yourself. Best of luck (to us all) for a long, prosperous, and stable career.

KAK

By the way, you ever considered writing a book--sort of a "handbook" for aspiring airline pilots or something like that?

Last edited:
Tough choice. I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

One a side note, how did you get a job with comair and keep your seniority number with Us Airways? Is it only Delta furloughees who are not welcome? Again, good luck, I am glad you found a job, I know you have nothing to do with comair's policy.]

NYR

FA-Great post...Wish you the best. I think the rest of us are chasing something that no longer exists.

Furloughed Again,

Glad to hear things are going well for you. It continues to amaze me how much alike our careers and choices have been, up to and including our decision making today.

It was very hard to pass up (twice) the PSA Captain position, as I need to fill that Turbine PIC box still as well, after many years in airline servitude. I continue to fight with that reflex, as my gut is just now beginning to have a say in decision making, where before it was all really just greed (most call it something more friendly, like "desire"). I too figured it would take considerably longer for the Captain seats to reach us on the APL. I prefer to let things play out longer to see if U will even exist in a year or two.

It's funny how life changes your perspective. If you'd have told me just 4 years ago that I'd be in this position and pass up a free Captain's seat and considerably more dollars than I stand to make anytime soon, I'd have wondered what you'd been smoking. I've felt almost ashamed (not a good word but you get the idea) in explaining to my friends that I'm bypassing "better" opportunities for a job with lousy pay but instead rich with time for family and (as much as possible) security in employment as an airline pilot.

Best of luck to you in your job, and more importantly, in life.

Swaayze

Well hopefully you'll have a long and stable (if not as prosperous) career at ASA -- at least there's no commute involved right? Hope things are going well. Stay in touch.

Furloughed:

Maturity comes with experience and you've had your share. I agree that Comair is as good a home as any and it makes sense to me, at some point, to consider putting some roots down. This industry is cyclical and I'm tired of worrying about whether I'm going to be sitting at the right place when the industry strengthens again. Seniority only comes for those that wait so waiting is what I'm going to do. Someday hopefully we'll be sharing a brew somewhere and laughing about the "good ol' days" when we we were getting paid less than $40 per hour to fly five-to-six legs per day in RJs into every major airport in the United States while being criticized for not agreeing to concessions. In the meantime, I'm happy to have the job.

Latest resources

Back