• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mid atlantic airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have to laugh at those of you who talk about the contract at CHQ and say they need a pair. They have in their contract the one and obiously most important thing that all of you have failed to get. And They fought to get it. SCOPE. SCOPE. SCOPE. You are b!tching about your failure to have any scope protection in your own agreements and then b!tching about the guys at CHQ standing by theirs. If you had better or even any scope at all in your contract you would not be in this situation. As was just said, your argument doesn't hold water. You are just upset because you are on the losing end of the deal due to your own (or at least ALPA's) lack of foresight. Sorry, but CHQ/REP seems to have the better contract here.

Just a question. Why are we the only one's getting criticism for our 170 rates when the MDA payscale is almost identical? Were they negotiated or did Airways just say "we're bankrupt and the judge says we can pay you whatever we want"? Even that is no excuse. The fact is, those pay rates were accepted by every single pilot that flys at MDA so where is the outrage? Why didn't THEY raise the bar and tell Airways to pound sand until they paid them more? After all, they're ALPA. We're getting slammed for our pay rates, but nothing is said about theirs? Am I missing something? What gives?

E170Guppykiller..if you really do fly the 170, name a common place in the cockpit you may look to find hidden girly/funny pictures? It's not in your Flight Sim 2005 handbook so don't even bother looking. Not that an answer to that question is hard to come by for a pilot. I'm just curious as to if you can even produce an answer.

I don't really care if you have a legit response or not. You'll still be a tool.

BenderGonzales said:
Thurman,

In all fairness, 1977 Allegheny did fly the DC9 to Bradford, along with Clarksburg, Parkersburg, Utica and a few other choice locations in PA, OH, and NY.

We'll give you reprieve though even though you're flying a fancy turboprop with a fantastic autopilot and efis.

If you REALLY had "old A$$ dusty prop syndrome" you'd be driving around in a Metro or maybe a Jetstream with deferred freon air!

http://www.airchive.com/Timetables%20and%20Maps/USAir%20Compressed/ALmap7708.jpg

TOUCHE BENDER

Corbon said:
Just a question. Why are we the only one's getting criticism for our 170 rates when the MDA payscale is almost identical? Were they negotiated or did Airways just say "we're bankrupt and the judge says we can pay you whatever we want"? Even that is no excuse. The fact is, those pay rates were accepted by every single pilot that flys at MDA so where is the outrage? Why didn't THEY raise the bar and tell Airways to pound sand until they paid them more? After all, they're ALPA. We're getting slammed for our pay rates, but nothing is said about theirs? Am I missing something? What gives?QUOTE]

Seems the MDA pilots are taking a stand by not accepting the crap that goes with being employed by Republic i.e. training contract for an aircraft they are already current and qualified for. Double occupancy in training(what is this cub scouts?)

Bdfg1 said:
Seems the MDA pilots are taking a stand by not accepting the crap that goes with being employed by Republic i.e. training contract for an aircraft they are already current and qualified for. Double occupancy in training(what is this cub scouts?)

Great for them. What does that have to do with the pilots at REP? That is their own deal to negotiate. Why is that not in the original J4J agreement between ALPA and U? It is not reasonable to expect the pilots at REP to give up anything or to even fight for something that has no impact on them at all. In fact it is likely to have a negative impact on them. This is just a case of ALPA screwing up from day one and back peddling like hell just to try to get out from behind the eightball.

I have heard the arguement that ALPA sold the MDA guys out so they sould not be compared or held accoutable for the actions of mainline ALPA. The same people then ask the teamsters to sell out their young in the interest of "doing what's right". Sorry you can't have it both ways. If the teamsters sell out their young then they are as bad as ALPA. I aplaude them for taking the high road on this.

My point is, if the ALPA pilots would stop pointing their fingers at the Teamsters and start focusing on the real problem (management at ALL carriers involved and ALPA) then they might get somewhere with this. The finger pointing is only serving to separate the two groups.

OPECJet said:
Then act like it the next time your contract negotiations come around. We're all trying to earn a living. Unfortunately when one airline lowballs, the rest suffer. I don't think there is any pilot group who would not support CHQ and or Mesa in raising the bar at their respective company when its time to hit the negotiating tables again.

Plain and simple, get over the 1 week upgrade, SNJ syndrome, the "my airplane can beat up your airplane syndrome", and ACT like the professional pilots you trained hard to be by not giving up pay and QOL for the previously mentioned dangled carrots.

I wasn't at CHQ during the last negotiations, however, comments like these are ridiculous. Every single aspect of the current contract is a vast improvement over the previous contract. Pay and QOL issues are all in the eye of the beholder but I average 15 days off living in base. I get paid more than 3x my previous employer and live in the most expensive city on earth, and yet somehow I lead a pretty fulfilling life. Sure there is no BMW outside, but come on. As for raising the bar, as long as contract carriers exist, capitalism will reign. I know that for my airline it is not likely we will ever see industry leading rates, etc. Quite frankly I wouldn;t want to. Maybe this attitude offends some, but that is the truth. The only thing I can add is that if you really hate your job quit. If you don't like the direction that the industry is going, quit. We live in the greatest country on earth. The opportunites are endless. Start your own airline and RAISE THE BAR for your own pilot group. Its a start.
IB

i'mbatman said:
I wasn't at CHQ during the last negotiations, however, comments like these are ridiculous. Every single aspect of the current contract is a vast improvement over the previous contract. Pay and QOL issues are all in the eye of the beholder but I average 15 days off living in base. I get paid more than 3x my previous employer and live in the most expensive city on earth, and yet somehow I lead a pretty fulfilling life. Sure there is no BMW outside, but come on. As for raising the bar, as long as contract carriers exist, capitalism will reign. I know that for my airline it is not likely we will ever see industry leading rates, etc. Quite frankly I wouldn;t want to. Maybe this attitude offends some, but that is the truth. The only thing I can add is that if you really hate your job quit. If you don't like the direction that the industry is going, quit. We live in the greatest country on earth. The opportunites are endless. Start your own airline and RAISE THE BAR for your own pilot group. Its a start.
IB

Here here. ANd of course with every point like this you get some moron taking a cheap shot because they have no immediate feasable response. Because Batman is right. Don't like it....move on.

T-Hawk

P.S. Bender seems to be a huge Hemmerhoid. This type of vermin derails any insightful talk on these boards. SO I'll add to it....

I happen to know Bender is a disease ridden cockroach that lives in a garbage can. If he didn't he wouldn't be so hasteful and jealous. Hows it smell in there? I'm gonna go fly my shiny new jet now....for industry average... MUHHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHHAHAA!!! :rolleyes:

So how did the arbitration go today anyhow? Was anyone there?

Item 5. The Arbitration hearing for MEC Grievance 05-06-04 (The MDA/Wexford Transaction) began today at the Crystal City Marriott Hotel. ALPA was encouraged by the number of pilots who attended in uniform. The arbitration will reconvene tomorrow through Thursday at 8:30 a.m. in Salon B. The hotel is located at 1999 Jefferson Davis Highway in Arlington, VA. Pilots who wish to attend in uniform may take a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from DCA to the Crystal City Marriott. The hotel is also on the Metro Line.

Please remember we now have 1,574 pilots on furlough with approximately 400 pilots currently working at MDA or Jets For Jobs carriers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back