• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Micky D's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked the french fry machine in the Navy on a carrier...Over 3000 hours flipping military grade burgers..Do you think this will help me over the civilian guys that worked at Burger King applying for the same job at McDs??

I don't know if I have the "right stuff" to get on at McDonalds, but I do have a Big Mac if you know what I'm saying :)

Checkride Profile...

I just finished training and wanted to pass the checkride gouge on to anyone else who may be finishing soon.

I was junior in my class, so me and my fry-cook were screwed into the worst slot for the checkride. It started at midnight, just after the drive-through closed down. Our check-fryman was Mayor McCheese. I'd heard he was a real bastard, but he seemed okay to me at first. Of course, we had a two-hour pre-brief which basically consisted of floor mopping, napkin dispenser filling, shake machine cleaning, and prep work for the following day.

Then it was time to go fry. Let me tell you, the heat was on. Started the check with an originating breakfast flow (which had to be completed prior to 1030 am), complete with all the first-fry-of-the-day checks. This was followed by two aborted char-broiler starts (no lightoff on the first, and no grill rotation on the second). We handled these okay.

Just after opening, we had our first malfunction and were forced to complete the breakfast profile on one orange juice squeezer. Luckiliy, we'd been through the hand-squeezing procedure over and over again, otherwise we'd have been toast.

New day new problem. The manager apparently forgot to pay the electric bill and we had to finish the check on emergency power. This left us with only one cash register, one fryer, and no bun warmers! Half way through the lunch profile, the shake machine thawed out, and we lost pressure in all three soda fountains!! Talk about SWEATING!!

The check ended with a grill-fire to a restaurant evacuation after shutdown. All in all, it was the toughest ride I'd ever been on.

You guys will all do fine. Just remember, wash your hands after you sneeze!!

Saying that he would have been toast during his fry check is a bad mixed metaphor! :)

I look forward to hearing about his IOE (Initial Oven Experience).

I hear that commuting during that first year of frying is terribly ill-advised.

Military fryers v. civilian fryers

airludy said:
I worked the french fry machine in the Navy on a carrier...Over 3000 hours flipping military grade burgers..Do you think this will help me over the civilian guys that worked at Burger King applying for the same job at McDs??
Not that old debate again, military v. civilian.

Of course you will have an advantage. H.R. (Hamburger Resources) always prefers military over civilians, even those who paid their dues as CFIs (Certificated Fry Instructors). You can skip over the regionals, such as Blake's , that well-known New Mexico regional, the one that has the alter-ego Freedom Burgers, and go right to McD's.

Last edited:
Don't work at Freedom Burgers. I hear that if you do, you can forget any of your dreams of flipping at one of the majors like McDonalds, Burger King, or Wendy's. Regionals like Checkers won't even let you eat the fries that fell on the floor.

Latest resources

Back