Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

legendskid_44

Need a job
So I heard some rumors that the state of Michigan would pay for a type rating if not part of it. Does any body have this information on who to go to. I'm just wondering, it'd be great information to have down the road

Head down to the unemployment office, and ask to take the next WIA / No worker left behind class. They explain it all.

Another option is to call K&S Aviation or Higher Power and ask them about what steps to take.

Seriously? What aircraft are they willing to type you in?

No clue, i just heard that a few guys got their 73 rating paid for either 80-100% so they could go to southwest. So thats why i wanted to find out, it'd be a good thing to have in the back pocket. But that was hear say so take it as you want.

Good deal if you can get them to do it for you, if I were you I would go with a Citation 5 type, so many aircraft you can fly with that one, and probably the one that could get you the most contract work.

ahahahaha, well with my low time and that rating people just look at me funny...well they already do but still. it will be a while before i will have the correct time to have a rating like that.

I did the WIA funds from Michigan, and now I have a wet inked 737 type. They paid 5k of the 7k. I also had to cover the hotel. I know one person that got all 7k covered, but still paid for air travel and hotel. I was fortunate that I was able to jumpseat out to K&S Aviation.

Just a FWI, at least at K&S they make you work for it. This is not a here is 7k and here is your type rating type deal. Make sure you have the time to invest into program. You will get out of it what you put in.

Latest resources

Back