• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mica trying to fast-track Age 65 - 12/6/07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oberstar has already said that he won't allow it to make it out of committee as stand alone legislation, he won't allow bush to sign it and take the credit for helping out the working man.

I wish you old geesers would just retire with dignity.

Karma is a B_tch fellas, and I hope the posts I've read on here don't come back to bite some of those who have made them in the future. Aviation is a boom and bust business full of its ups and downs, and I wouldn't criticize another pilot unless I'd walked a while in his shoes.

I guarantee some of those ripping these old geezers, will be the first to keep on past 60 in 30 or 40 years. Those of us in our 30s who think we're not going to get shafted out of social security are living in a dream world.

Any pilot who supports another pilot losing his job for anything other than performance and ability to pass a medical is playing with fire, and you could get burned eventually. Age 60 was nothing other than management's successful strategy to get rid of senior pilots at higher payscales.

There are those that can fly past 60, and some that can't. Performance on the job, and ability to pass a medical should be the determining factors. Not some arbitrary policy made up by airline management, politicians, and union bosses who all have their axes to grind.

Last edited:
Karma is a B_tch fellas, and I hope the posts I've read on here don't come back to bite some of those who have made them in the future. Aviation is a boom and bust business full of its ups and downs, and I wouldn't criticize another pilot unless I'd walked a while in his shoes.

I guarantee some of those ripping these old geezers, will be the first to keep on past 60 in 30 or 40 years. Those of you who in you're 30s who think you're not going to get shafted out of social security are living in a dream world.

Any pilot who supports another pilot losing his job for anything other than performance and ability to pass a medical is playing with fire, and you could get burned eventually. Age 60 was nothing other than management's successful strategy to get rid of senior pilots at higher payscales.

There are those that can fly past 60, and some that can't. Performance on the job, and ability to pass a medical should be the determining factors. Not some arbitrary policy made up by airline management, politicians, and union bosses who all have their axes to grind.

Excellent post. I completely agree.

I guarantee some of those ripping these old geezers, will be the first to keep on past 60 in 30 or 40 years. Those of you who in you're 30s who think you're not going to get shafted out of social security are living in a dream world.

Maybe you should also fight for kids to drive before age 16 and drink before age 21 (there's "kids" fighting in Iraq who can't even buy a beer). Also you should fight against mandatory retirement ages for ATC and FBI agents, since you're so prinicpled.

I support the current rule (that these older pilots pushing for change benefited from for many years) and I'm also planning on a bankrupt SS system and am thusly loading up my 401k each year. It's called planning ahead, not trying to screw those junior because of your own retirement problems

Thanks for the site...sent my message supporting the new legislation.

You guy's time would be better served by writing Congress for a change to the near criminal AMT tax situation.

Latest resources

Back