Miami aeroservice job fare opinions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scube3

Any inputs on Aeroservice career job fare? Was it worth it? A lot of pilots? Did anyone got hired on the spot? Did anyone got called for an interview?
In the last one they claim that 75 % of the people that show up, got a job offer....I wonder how big is the lie...because I know is big!!

I went to that resume seminar that climbto350 had and that was worth it. Good information, good intentions and the best of all....it was free!

Who would say that Colgan Air would have one of the longest lines....

Scube.

I thought it was a big waste. Way too many people, few real jobs available. And I spent a lot of money to go out there.

Yeah, it was a waste of my day.

thank god i came down in the morning and left that night and didn't waste any money on a hotel room.

I wanted to slap the guy from Southern after he told me they'd "maybe give me and interview if I signed up for the 747 typerating course" What a line of B.S. Same with Express.net, i know they are a good company, but the guy taking resumes didn;t seem like he even wanted to be there that day. I did think that Kalitta was about the most honest and forthright company that i talked to that day. I would have liked to visit with the Cathay people but the line was a mile long.

Any other reactions... I was generally dissapointed overall

I got a job from that MIA job fair.

Went down there October 2004, got the interview November 04, and a class date December 2004.
Upgraded to Capt while in ground school, check airman on the B-747-200 nine months later.

Did not know about this company before I met them @ Aero Services.

Your milage may vary.:cool:

Waste of time

The set up was such that it made it difficult to move about. Some places such as Colgan did long interviews that took much time. The guy from Cape Air did not seem to excited to be there and Pinnacle try to make them sound like it is a greaqt place to work.

Won't go again

A complete waste of time.....what a fugging joke. EVERY airline that I talked to was merely accepting resumes for possible future hiring.

The ads on climbto350 were completely misleading.....how bout some truth in advertizing?

What do you expect from the guys that run Aero Service.

Will the last American to leave South Florida please bring the flag???

It seem like a lie to me too! If I had to buy a ticket or rent a hotel I would be very upset.
It's not like it was a complete waste of time, but aeroservice ads were completely misleading.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back