MIA lifestyle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
I thought West Palm Beach was were all the rich people from New York spend there winters?

Rich people also fly down from the cold in thier GV's and hop in a Bentley with an armed driver and head to thier compunds on the water...isolated from the complete ghetto that the rest of Palm Beach/ Ft lauderdale is. The Palm beach PD works very hard to keep anyone shady (literally) from infiltrating the wealthy strip.

did your mama have any kids that lived psysicx? -- because sometimes you come across dumb as a terd.

:erm:

How comes that S. Florida is growing so exponentially? How comes they keep building this multi-million dollar condos in every corner and they are sold out before the building is complete?
Hey, they are all right. Move to Alabama or Oklahoma. In there, everybody is very nice and take their shopping carts back to the store.
Preferible move right next to a Super Walmart. Is very convinient so you won't have to leave your house all the time.

Cheers,

Scube.

I just don't understand why someone would buy a house just to be on water and to never leave there compound. There are tons of rich people in Miami so it can't be that bad.

psysicx said:
If its so bad why do so many rich people buy houses there?

Cause there are a bunch of other rich people there and they can be among "their own kind".

And, there are plenty of illegals to be their slaves. If they bitch, they get deported. TC

P.S.--LMAO @ G200! :D

Re Miami: My understanding, as I've only lived here a year, is that most of the crime has moved up from MIA and FLL to here over the last decade. Their crime rates have dropped while West Palm's have gone up.

Re the rich people in Palm Beach County: Almost everywhere that is safe to live around where I live is gated. As G200 said, the super rich area is Palm Beach which is across Lake Worth from West Palm beach. If you don't look like you belong and step one foot past the bridge to Palm Beach, the Palm Beach PD will have you outta there in 2 seconds.

When there is little traffic, you can drive about 5-10 minutes from the manicured lawns of Palm Beach to just north of downtown West Palm then go up through Riviera Beach where it looks like a war zone. (There's a lot of other "bad" areas of West Palm, too.) I do a lot of volunteer work in that area delivering food to the charities that feed the poor, something that the city and county won't lift a finger to do.

People away from the area may have heard of Riviera Beach. It's where the mayor, who is black BTW, wants to use eminent domain to kick all the poor people out. He thinks it will help those people. I have no idea where they'll be able to live after they get kicked out of their homes with a below market payout. The solution the government wants around here to sweep the problem away to somewhere else, so they can build condos and the like so that they can get more fat property tax payments.

I think I 'll buy a place in Del Boca Vista

I moved to the Ft. Lauderdale Area in 1988. I bought a house in Margate on a nice canal about 2.5 miles NW of FXE for 103,000 dollars. Right now it is worth 323,000 after the hurricne destroyed our property. We had beautiful trees all over it including 27 diffrent fruit trees, we lost all but 2 of the fruit trees. The canopy that used to cover the back yard is gone, the grass is gone too. Roof is gone, it is covered in blue right now. We had a beautiful neighborhood now is it in shambles due to Wilma. I think our area was the hardest hit, it is a mess and still is.

Living in South Florida is wild. We are 20 miles from South Beach, and all the pleasures and headaches it represents. 8 miles from Pompano Beach which is not bad. You can play baseball 12 months out of the year. Flying weather is good, and for those that like alligators and open spaces the Everglades are just 10 miles to the west. Lot's of women of every color, language, tribe and nation. Just take your pick. This is a fisherman's paradise with every type of fishing except mountain trout fishing. The hunting has something else to be desired, not that great.

One of the largest and most active evangelical churches is 2.5 miles from my house, for me that is exciting. So there are a lot of good things and a lot of bad things. 3 economies, 1 the rich, 2 middle class, 3 3rd world underworld economy. Everything will be used, nothing is thrown away.
Would I move down here now...no way there are a lot better places to live in the world for a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
FL420 said:
I have been based in Miami and in Caracas. I felt safer and more at home in Caracas than in Miami and I'm a WASP.

Thats cause Caracas is the sh!t, and Miami sucks dirty maid drug addict ass. Fort Lauderdale, and north is okay. I spent a month in Caracas in 2005 and never had more fun anywhere on a trip.

Last edited:
TurboS7 said:
3 economies, 1 the rich, 2 middle class, 3 3rd world underworld economy. Everything will be used, nothing is thrown away.

The thing that sucks is that the middle class section is getting smaller by the day, and its hard to fit in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back