• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MHLM - San Pedro Sula Honduras

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome to the poorest country in Central America!

Expect to see a LOT of Hondurans!

Used to be a bunch of F-86 Sabres sitting on the military ramp....

I was there once. Took a van ride through the jungle to get to a fax machine. Even saw some lady tending to her broken down ox on the side of the road.

Then this bus ran in to some guy's jeep and all the birds he had been trapping to sell for money for a sailboat got away......

Seriously....it was kind of like that. The fax machine and ox part actually happened to me.

Beautiful area though....atleast your not in Tegucigalpa. Depending on how long your there you can catch a boat over to Roatan. The West Beach over there is the s*it. Used Armando with Universal, great guy and got us in and out quickly. Any other questions, PM me.

Flew a whole 2 months in a row down there last year from MIA. Here is what I remember:

Coming from the north, you are prob filed on one of the STARs... when you switch over to their ATC they disegard the STAR and clear you to a radial/DME fix and then to the airport via the radial. Terrain rises rapidly up to 9,000 (I believe) north and south of the airport within 20 miles or so.

Expect to land straight in on 22 even with a tailwind most of the time - when the weather is MVFR/ rainy, circling to 4 is not an option due to terrain.

Friendly folks overall... the ride into town is pretty third world but typical for Central/S America.

Good luck!

All this info is great help. We are going to just be passing through for a few hours. I was wondering about customs, handling, tips, and anything else I may need to know to expect. I know this is third world and each place down there is different. Just would like to know what to expect to make this as smooth as possible. Btw, I speek no Spanish and I know in Nicaragua I have a hard time finding anyone that speaks englsh.

Thanks for any help.

Going next week. I was wondering about customs, handling, tips, and anything else I may need to know to expect.

Thanks

I take it you didnt go last year? If you have a couple days, make the trip to Roatan. Enjoy the warm weather-

Last went in there about 5 years ago. Did not have any problems with weather, ATC, customs, etc... We were told by our company not to leave the hotel, so we didn't for security reasons. The hotel was fine, well guarded by guys with M16's. In 4 days there I didn't do anything but drink, smoke cigars and watch TV.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back