• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Metal detector-friendly shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Eccos. They are very comfortable and no metal. Kinda pricey.

Bye Bye--General Lee

My $40 deerstags are going on 3 years and still looking good. Never beep. Have the "Times" version with the Supra sole.

This includes 2 winters of ramp slush while flying the CRJ. I don't go downstairs anymore flying the bus ;-)

NO CONTEST!

Allen Edmonds as comfortable as a tennis shoe, as durable as a work boot, and customer service unmatched by any shoe company.

My last pair made it 5 years walking through snow, deice fluid, Jet A, and what ever else I came across on the ramp. Finally wore the sole down and bought another pair. They are expensive, however I noticed when you buy the cheap stuff, you replace them a lot more frequently, and they are not comfortable like the allen edmonds.

http://www.allenedmonds.com

The Shoes Are Okay, But Not The TSA

Dockers and DeerStags get my vote! I have both and have never had problems going through security screenings, but have had problems trying to convince the TSA morons that my shoes are okay and won't set off their detectors:rolleyes:

Security Friendly Shoes

I just bought a pair of Deer Stags at Stein Mart. About $40.00 with my wife's employee discount. Very light and confortable shoes. These shoes don't set off the alarms when I wear them through the metal detectors.

Last edited:
ultrarunner said:
my shoes don't set off the box...but now the TSA PUKES are making me take them off because the heel appears to be more than an inch thick....

FREAKING TSA PUKES...

wack 'em all, and hire professional profilers, racial or otherwise, and we'll not have any security issues.

I have a pair of deer stags that I bought right after 911 happened. They never set off the detector, but now these tsa workers still make you take your shoes off regardless. Heck I might as well stop wearing "airport friendly" shoes if they're going to make you take them off anyway. Freaking TSA morons!

Latest resources

Back