• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Message from US Airways concerning 190 fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember that the Midwest and F9 deals means RAH has to actually pay for their own fuel as opposed to the fee per departure plan they have with the other companies. If gas goes back up they are in trouble.

Remember that the Midwest and F9 deals means RAH has to actually pay for their own fuel as opposed to the fee per departure plan they have with the other companies. If gas goes back up they are in trouble.

If fuel prices darts up like it did before I think we are all in trouble.

Why would RAH implode? They have several contracts to provide services which gives them cash flow. Indy had none of that, that was their plan, remember? "Independence"? Didn't get them very far, as much as I like the idea.

You're comparing apples to oranges, Grumpy.

Who are their contracts with, predominantly? Why wouldn't those companies (or "company" if they merge) seek to dissolve their relationship with a would-be competitor and reduce capacity at the same time?

The Midex and Frontier business models rely on little or no strong competition unless they drastically reduce their costs, to unreasonably (and unsustainably) low levels.

Bedford is about to learn that mastering Guitar Hero doesn't qualify you for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
We agree it's a cut throat market, I just didn't understand the Indy analogy.

The Midex and Frontier business models rely on little or no strong competition unless they drastically reduce their costs, to unreasonably (and unsustainably) low levels. QUOTE]

Bird,
I don't know much about the Midex business model other than it is being shi!tcanned in preference to one that might work and become profitable.

Including Frontier in your above statement is absurd. In Frontier's case, they are operating in one of the most competitive environments in the airline world, at one of the highest cost airports in the country. Southwest dumped major capacity into Frontier's market in an effort to kill them. It didn't work. According to the analyists WN is losing their ass in Denver and Frontier has been profitable on both a net basis and an operating basis for all of 2009. Sure RAH will be looking to contain costs, but with Frontier they have a high quality operator with lower CASMs than any other similar operator (sans Tranny, with cheap ATL) certainly lower than the RJ operations of the other RAH subsidiaries. So why isn't that sustainable?

Hmmm concerned about longevity. Is that not an odd stance for a westie. I'm not even a player and that strikes me as an odd statement.

No, not really. Time on property is not the same as DOH. The east guys wanted pilots that spent most of their time at Airways on Furlough going ahead of senior AW pilots. You know what I'm tired of explaining this. All those people on the sidelines that don't know the facts or don't understand them, or think you're smarter than a distinguished judge and panel of senior pilots just keep your pieholes shut.

Roughneck, you are a tool.

Frontier is not going to lose airbuses.

No, not really. Time on property is not the same as DOH. The east guys wanted pilots that spent most of their time at Airways on Furlough going ahead of senior AW pilots. You know what I'm tired of explaining this. All those people on the sidelines that don't know the facts or don't understand them, or think you're smarter than a distinguished judge and panel of senior pilots just keep your pieholes shut.

Comes another merger and it'll be the same. "I was flying NDB approaches in snowstorms in Allentown while some guy senior to me was in grade school." The east still don't get it - the enemy isn't Nicolau, the west, or ALPA. It's their own airline's 20-year implosion. The next list will look a lot like this one did.

Latest resources

Back