• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Message from US Airways concerning 190 fleet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are they looking to sell them to reduce capacity by that many airplanes?? Or is it a matter of farming out some of their flying to a regional? I would imagine there is scope against a regional flying E190's for USAirways.

I could be wrong, but I remember something about the pilot contract(s) requiring a minimum number of airframes on the property. As Usair (and the rest of the industry, imo) continue to reduce capacity, I would guess that the 190's are the only fleet not covered by the CBA language.

Good luck to all.

S

The 190's can't be flown by a regional in Airways colors, but RAH could easily use them for the Frontier operation in DEN. I don't see US taking 319s from F9 though if Kirby is talking about affecting staffing levels. More furloughs and more time on the street for Airways folks.

I could be wrong, but I remember something about the pilot contract(s) requiring a minimum number of airframes on the property. As Usair (and the rest of the industry, imo) continue to reduce capacity, I would guess that the 190's are the only fleet not covered by the CBA language.

Good luck to all.

S

That is correct. US is already at the minimum fleet count and since the 190s were purchased after the merger, they weren't part of the minimum fleet count. Selling the 190s is the only option for pullling out capacity at this point.

The 190's can't be flown by a regional in Airways colors, but RAH could easily use them for the Frontier operation in DEN. I don't see US taking 319s from F9 though if Kirby is talking about affecting staffing levels. More furloughs and more time on the street for Airways folks.

Unfortunately they will be able to fly in any livery once Bedford gets into the star-alliance. He is trying to code share with everyone.

Most likely scenario, they will be painted in Frontier livery and flown out of Denver with additional airbuses migrating to MKE.

Are they looking to sell them to reduce capacity by that many airplanes?? Or is it a matter of farming out some of their flying to a regional? I would imagine there is scope against a regional flying E190's for USAirways.

Try staying alive to fight another day, don,t worry about next year, its not promised.

Were you as concerned when USAirways pilots with 3-5 years longevity were furloughed while these new-hires continued to work?

I didn't think so.

Hmmm concerned about longevity. Is that not an odd stance for a westie. I'm not even a player and that strikes me as an odd statement.

An Important Message from President Scott Kirby

Oct. 2, 2009
Dear Fellow Employees:
At our last State of the Airline employee meeting (July 2009), Doug shared with all of you that we would be exploring the possibility of selling our 25 Embraer190 aircraft. I am writing today to let you know tht we are close to finalizing an agreement to sell ten of these aircraft to another carrier.While this is the right move for our company, it will impact some of our co-workers and that is a decision none of us makes easily. Even though the airline industry is beginning to see improvement in the business environment, our industry is a long way from returning to sustainable profitability. The revenue environment remains challenging and the E-190 capacity presents the only flexibility we have to further reduce capacity to right size supply with demand.
Because we wanted to keep all employees informed about the status of the E-190 fleet, we wanted to let you know where this stands today. Removing ten E-190s from our fleet will reduce flying and have an impact on staffing levels in a number of employee groups and locations. We are still working on the revised schedule and will announce changes as soon as we know them. We realize that people need to know what is happening and how it may impact their lives, and we are committed to getting you that information as soon as we have firm answers to all of the questions you might have.These are challenging times, but these are the necessary and right steps to take for our airline. We feel very good about the airline we are running (first in on-time among the network carriers year to date) and I thank all of you for delivering every day on our goals. As we continue to run a great airline, and in spite of the uncertainty of the economic challenges, the best thing for all of us to do is remain focused on is doing our best to take care of our customers and continue running one of the industry’s on-time performing
airlines.

Scott

Was this the "Big" announcement for Oct 01 - how sad

Metrojet

Hmmm concerned about longevity. Is that not an odd stance for a westie. I'm not even a player and that strikes me as an odd statement.

Why? If you are alluding to the Nicolau award and seniority integration, I wholeheartedly support pilots being paid at their longevity rate and bidding what their relative seniority can buy them. If they were at the bottom of the old USAirways list or America West list, they should be at the bottom of the combined list. Middles with middles and tops with tops. If they were on furlough, they should be put after all active pilots.

I wouldn't be surprised to see these same airplanes on the market for a fraction of whay RAH is paying after RAH implodes a' la Independence Air.

Was this the "Big" announcement for Oct 01 - how sad

Metrojet

When was the last time there was any good news? What does the trend look like? Could it be down? Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Why? If you are alluding to the Nicolau award and seniority integration, I wholeheartedly support pilots being paid at their longevity rate and bidding what their relative seniority can buy them. If they were at the bottom of the old USAirways list or America West list, they should be at the bottom of the combined list. Middles with middles and tops with tops. If they were on furlough, they should be put after all active pilots.

I wouldn't be surprised to see these same airplanes on the market for a fraction of whay RAH is paying after RAH implodes a' la Independence Air.

Why would RAH implode? They have several contracts to provide services which gives them cash flow. Indy had none of that, that was their plan, remember? "Independence"? Didn't get them very far, as much as I like the idea.

You're comparing apples to oranges, Grumpy.

Latest resources

Back