• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa's GO! could be the new "Aloha" Airlines....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former Aloha pilot, I feel sick to my stomach. So many fighting words just last fall, only to give up 61 year old namebrand to someone like JO and Mesa.

Sick...
The sad thing is people are starting to ask me why I won't apply at Mesa to get my old job back.

MESA IS DONE!!!

They are about to be de-listed... Their stock is only 20 cents..... These guys are toast.....

Once the stock gets de-listed, they are completely through. They could always try a reverse stock split, but I really don't think they will get through this credit crisis.

The real tragedy is that J.O. still treads the Earth. That guy is as bad or worse than any other corporate raider, yet he totally gets off becase no one pays attention to the "little" airlines like Mesa!

The main thing that makes me think Mesa will eat it is liquidity. You know these guys will need to borrow a lot to get this operation going, but who the hell would loan them money?

-TOAST!

Did you throw an app into them already? I hear they are looking for professional lav dumpers in Hilo and Bakersfield...and you especially would make a sh#$ load, of something anyway...(or clean one---wear the face mask for gawdsake!)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
In this economy, there are hedge funds that need cash badly, either to stay afloat or to pursue other investments. My guess is that this was all about cash NOW for Yucaipa (the ex owners of AQ).
The ill will this will create towards Mesa/Aloha airlines in Hawaii will be huge.

JO had help!!

In this economy, there are hedge funds that need cash badly, either to stay afloat or to pursue other investments. My guess is that this was all about cash NOW for Yucaipa (the ex owners of AQ).
The ill will this will create towards Mesa/Aloha airlines in Hawaii will be huge.

It's sad, but ill will doesn't count for crap if they offer seats for $5 less than the competition. In my view, the people of Hawaii were willing participants in AQ's demise. It's not like those turds (Go) had any codeshare - it was all point-to-point. Having grown up there and been fed crap like homegrown loyalty, kokua, "Aloha Spirit" or "Hawaiian Pride", I'm more than a little bitter.

This is the business, deal with it. Loyalty goes nowhere.

When times are good at your company you better be preparing for the bad times.

I feel no sympathy to the folks that spend all their money as soon as they get a raise.

B Smart

Scumbags!!!

Ornstein can't build a real airline, so he puts one out of business, then settles to buy the name.

What a kick in the Jimmy to all the good folks who flew there. Good luck to all who lost their jobs...

It's sad, but ill will doesn't count for crap if they offer seats for $5 less than the competition. In my view, the people of Hawaii were willing participants in AQ's demise. It's not like those turds (Go) had any codeshare - it was all point-to-point. Having grown up there and been fed crap like homegrown loyalty, kokua, "Aloha Spirit" or "Hawaiian Pride", I'm more than a little bitter.

You've got a point, but I think there is a very large percentage of the population that will always be VERY bitter towards Mesa/Aloha. When it was Hawaiian and Aloha over here there were two good airlines competing and both had their share of loyal customers. But Mesa/Aloha has to compete in a market that will mostly resent them.
I think you would be surprised how widespread the resentment towards Mesa is over here. Yes some people will forget, but a LOT won't.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back