Mesa's GO! could be the new "Aloha" Airlines....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Press ReleaseSource: Mesa Air Group, Inc.

Mesa Air Group Settles Aloha Lawsuit and Agrees to Enter Long Term Licensing Agreement
Friday November 28, 5:41 pm ET
PHOENIX, Nov. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced that it entered into a settlement with the former controlling shareholder of Aloha Airlines concerning the Aloha Airlines lawsuit over Mesa's Hawaiian inter-island flight services operated under the go! brand name. Under the terms of the settlement, and without admitting any wrongdoing, Mesa agreed:
-- Mesa will make a cash payment of $2 million;
-- Mesa will issue shares of Mesa common stock equal to 10% of its currently outstanding shares;
-- Mesa will provide certain Hawaiian inter-island travel benefits to the former employees of Aloha Airlines;
-- In the event the shareholder is able to purchase the "Aloha" name in the upcoming bankruptcy court auction, it will license the "Aloha" name to Mesa.

"We are extremely pleased to resolve all claims put forward in this litigation and look forward to re-branding service under the Aloha name in the near future," said Jonathan Ornstein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Mesa. "This settlement resolves all claims by Aloha Airlines related to Mesa's entry into the Hawaiian inter-island market and permits us to focus solely on our core competency of providing the best service, convenient schedules and low fare pricing to our customers. We intend to carry on Aloha's proud tradition, maintain Mesa's status as Hawaii's low cost air carrier and look forward to future growth opportunities made possible by this settlement."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Press ReleaseSource: Mesa Air Group, Inc.

Mesa Air Group Settles Aloha Lawsuit and Agrees to Enter Long Term Licensing Agreement
Friday November 28, 5:41 pm ET
PHOENIX, Nov. 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) today announced that it entered into a settlement with the former controlling shareholder of Aloha Airlines concerning the Aloha Airlines lawsuit over Mesa's Hawaiian inter-island flight services operated under the go! brand name. Under the terms of the settlement, and without admitting any wrongdoing, Mesa agreed:
-- Mesa will make a cash payment of $2 million;
-- Mesa will issue shares of Mesa common stock equal to 10% of its currently outstanding shares;
-- Mesa will provide certain Hawaiian inter-island travel benefits to the former employees of Aloha Airlines;
-- In the event the shareholder is able to purchase the "Aloha" name in the upcoming bankruptcy court auction, it will license the "Aloha" name to Mesa.

"We are extremely pleased to resolve all claims put forward in this litigation and look forward to re-branding service under the Aloha name in the near future," said Jonathan Ornstein, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Mesa. "This settlement resolves all claims by Aloha Airlines related to Mesa's entry into the Hawaiian inter-island market and permits us to focus solely on our core competency of providing the best service, convenient schedules and low fare pricing to our customers. We intend to carry on Aloha's proud tradition, maintain Mesa's status as Hawaii's low cost air carrier and look forward to future growth opportunities made possible by this settlement."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Interesting. I am betting not many former Aloha pilots will want to fly for the "enemy." Will they still fly those older CRJs or will they add bigger airplanes (i.e., newer CR9s)?

If it creates pilot jobs it is good news - too many people on the street right now

No, it is not good news.

Aloha jobs being replaced by Mesa jobs is never, ever good news.

I see what you mean and I know you're thinking any jobs are good but I disagree when you step back and see what has happened with airline jobs in Hawaii there is absolutely nothing good about it.

MESA IS DONE!!!

They are about to be de-listed... Their stock is only 20 cents..... These guys are toast.....

Once the stock gets de-listed, they are completely through. They could always try a reverse stock split, but I really don't think they will get through this credit crisis.

The real tragedy is that J.O. still treads the Earth. That guy is as bad or worse than any other corporate raider, yet he totally gets off becase no one pays attention to the "little" airlines like Mesa!

The main thing that makes me think Mesa will eat it is liquidity. You know these guys will need to borrow a lot to get this operation going, but who the hell would loan them money?

-TOAST!

As a former Aloha pilot, I feel sick to my stomach. So many fighting words just last fall, only to give up 61 year old namebrand to someone like JO and Mesa.

Sick...

Latest resources

Back