• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba's Part of NWA 1113

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I can tell Docket 671 only has 5 pages and is about retaining the Seabury group as their how can we fark the employees more advisors.....

I think #672 says those 13 or so planes Northwest wanted gone, are officially gone. And the other 100 or so (Avro included) will be discussed on 19 Oct. I think.... ;)

I think he meant #672 and there is no page 91 but the document is about how the judge is allowing NWA to void the leases on 100 planes. I believe that 35 of those are the Avro.

Not sure exactly what it means but hopefully BAE will give more favorable lease terms for the Avros.

Another interesting read was the 1113c filing that NWA did yesterday to void all the labor contracts. One of the items NWA wanted was scope relief and it looked like they wanted not only to get Newco going but also give more planes to Mesaba and Pinnacle as they were mentioned by name.

The unions now have 51 days to renegotiate or have the judge impose terms. 51 days is about the beginning of December so if the NWA pilots give scope relief maybe we will see 85 seat Avros before the December 20th deadline for getting rid of the Avros.

Who knows?

Here is the part we care about:

3. As and to the extent applicable, pursuant to section 365 of the Bankruptcy
Code, and subject to the terms of this Order, the leases for the aircraft identified on Exhibit A
hereto are hereby rejected, effective as of October 7, 2005.
4. As and to the extent applicable, pursuant to section 554 of the Bankruptcy
Code, and subject to the terms of this Order, the aircraft identified on Exhibit A hereto that are
owned by any of the Debtors are hereby abandoned, effective as of October 7, 2005.

Now the question is- were the XJ aircraft listed owned or leased?​

Look at section 644 it talks at length about scope reduction which could be seen as their possible plan for 9e and xj.

Also look at the part about still wanting 36 avros up to 85 seats. NWA also want the ability to fly the Avros someplace other than Mesaba. Is Bankruptcy possibly a ploy to get rid of our scope & successorship and other items so they can sell those planes off to newco and be even more in control of them. A nice little IPO could get them lots of money.

Latest resources

Back