Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks Gator 1999!

Sorry to hear that guys are jumping ship over there at XJ but it was good to hear what them guys are up to. I had heard about Joel moving, but the guys I bumped into over by the RJ ramp at memphis said they had never heard of Eric.

That means out of the four of us that went to Berlin in that class, none work for XJ anymore. Danny Chapmann went on to FEDEX to be a 727 flight engineer.

Last edited:
hi there- Anyone know if Scott Hafferkamp is still w/ you guys? Last I heard he was on the Saab out of Detroit.

Well I am glad I am waiting for Mesaba and not just jumping to the first thing that comes down the pipe. I know your conracts are going to go great. That is why I want to fly with that pilot group cause they are a great group of pilots and you for the most part all stick together.
Hey is Scott Lyndsey still working there in the HR Dept.?
Or is it Hoppe or Fierke that are in that spot?
thanks for the info.

whiff:

Scott Hafferkamp is still here. we were in initial together - sits a number or two above me in DTW on SAAB and commutes from LAX.

Cargoboy-

I use to work at Mesaba, and I can't stress enough how far behind I am in my career for doing so. Everyone I know that worked outside Mesaba built a lot of time and have 1000+ hours more than me, their ATP and 500hours or more of turbine PIC. I only got 580 hours in 2 1/2 YEARS at Mesaba and all of that was as a reserve FO. DO NOT GO TO MESABA! The people are great, but its not worth putting your career 2 years behind to make 17K/year. To tell you the truth, Great Lakes would have been a better choice for me then Mesaba. And that isn't a plug for Great Lakes.

Wow that is interesting. Most everyone I know who went through Mesaba just loved it and moved on rather simply to the next level. One is at United, the other two I knew were at Sun country until ther demise.
One thing is I have my ATP and sitting on some good hours from running cargo. I need the turbine time to get anywhere else and with a family here in the midwest I really like them.
You are def. the first person I know who hasn't liked flying for them and felt it hurt there career.
I am not saying you didin't like the people just that you never got any hours from them.
Why were you on reserve so long? I take it you made it in before the 9/11 and didn't get furloughed so you were stuck as a reserve since there was little or no movement after that?

Hey does anyone know if Rich Harris still works at Mesaba as a Capt. I would believe. My old instgructor, trying to get a hold of him.
Thanks!

Cargoboy...

If you got hired at Mesaba in 96-98 it was a great place to work. Anybdy after that would probably not have the same feelings. Timimg is everything....and right now (at least until the contract is done and they hopefully announce some growth) aint the time to be heading to Mesaba.

The people there are the best so I hope that things get better soon so everyone can enjoy going to work again.

See Yaaaaaaa

Oak

Latest resources

Back