• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

khsgt

Token White Guy
What are Mesaba's pilot bases and pay scales. Thanks in advance

In order of seniority on the SAAB: MSP, DTW, MEM
AVRO: MSP, DTW, CVG, MEM

Pay scales? Under our current 1996 contract, we top out at $83 an hour for our 69 passenger (53 coach, 16 first) 4 engine jet.
I've actually noticed that it's about $10 lower than what Mesa currently tops out at....
All FO's somewhere between 18-30, regardless of equipment.
SAAB captains are in the mid to high 40 range.

Of course we haven't hired since pre 9/11 and still have folks on furlough. Last week our management proposed a 1% pay "raise" in exchange for lowering our monthly gurantee from 75 to 70 hours. On my side, the pay "raise" would be a $209 a month pay CUT. We'll see what happens in the negotiations, though I still always try to stay positive. The people here are fantastic and the job is still fun.

... and routes?

While we're on the subject of apparently-hard-to-find information about Mesaba, does anyone have a link to a current route map? The Mesaba web site is fairly useless in this department (as soon as you look for actual flight or route info, it's off to the NWA site, which provides no information of interest to those interested in Mesaba itself).

the SAAB was fun to fly,

Under powered, but it was a tank..ahh the good old days...:)

I hear that Pan Am is telling thier instructors that for $6000 they will get them a job at Mesaba. I guess they are saying that Mesaba is gonna hire 25 ASAP.

Sure...

Right.....

Robinhood - ahhhh - you're experiencing the proof that we are truely NW in almost every single way. They control us so darn much it's hard to get info on our company. They do this because NW buys all our seats. The Worldtraveler (inflight mag) used to have a Mesaba route map, but they've changed it recently. If for some reason you have one from March or earlier, you can see our system.

I'm trying ot think where we have routemaps... on some company pubs but i'd be unable to post them here without scanning them. Imgaine this... from Aspen to Halifax and Regina, Canada to the gulf coast and to hundreds of points inbetween - that basically makes up our route map.

FO

Latest resources

Back