• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I will be happy to drop it. When you come on here asking about the equipment we fly and why we are flying it, but claim to know whats going on doesn't make it sound like you know whats going on? I gave you a link that answered all of your questions that you asked like current upgrade time and what aircraft we are getting and have taken delivery of. If you did infact know all of this then why did you ask it? Just trying to help you General!

What happened to the General? Things were much more interesting with him in the sandbox.

Are you talking about "The General" or "General Lee"? Totally different people, not even close. Yes, I still troll the Regionals section, watching what is happening. I can see that most of the people getting furloughed now at Comair were not around after 9-11 when our guys needed help, so I don't say much. All I can say is Good luck to them and hope they get a better job.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General Lee
It's good to hear from you, been kinda quiet around here lately, we need some pot stirring to keep this place entertaining. Pretty sure that's all it's good for these days.

I can see that most of the people getting furloughed now at Comair were not around after 9-11 when our guys needed help, so I don't say much.

Make that ALL of the people now getting furloughed at Comair....

Make that ALL of the people now getting furloughed at Comair....

Yep. I was 16 years old and a junior in high school when 9/11 happened so please dont blame me for what our MEC did then. I didnt know anything about the Comair/Delta issue until I started flying the line at Comair.... then it was too late. Guilty by association. Doesnt matter now, I'm furloughed and not going back.

Hi!

I WOULD like to get some current info on Mesaba, and the latest on the capt upgrade, and flow-through info.

I just got furloughed and live in GRB, so I'm interested in Mesaba (and PCL and Compass).

cliff
YIP

Hi!

I WOULD like to get some current info on Mesaba, and the latest on the capt upgrade, and flow-through info.

I just got furloughed and live in GRB, so I'm interested in Mesaba (and PCL and Compass).

cliff
YIP

You're doin' the job-change thing again?

Read some past threads, XJ is growing for the time being but there is very little movement up the list so upgrade times are lengthening-if I had to make a completely uneducated guess I would think 2-3 years if the non-movement continues. However, if the flow starts up (I know, ridiculously wishful thinking) then times could be very short. We have a boatload of un-upgradeable FO's due to age (I think the latest average is 12-14 :) ) and/or time so you could jump to a left seat.

Compass seems like a decent place, but the flowback thing is a bit scary in the current climate. Last I heard upgrades had settled down there too.

PCL is also all over this board, still fighting the good fight on the contract but never seeming to get anywhere with their nazi managemnent...I have no idea on upgrade time at the moment.

Good luck.

Hi!

Thanx a ton for the info!

cliff
YIP

I spoke with a captain at Mesaba during my interview and asked him about the flowback. He said that in the XJ contract in the reverse flow, no Mesaba pilots can be put out on the street, the reverse flow can only occupy vacant positions on the seniority list.

Latest resources

Back