• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba vs. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not really holding my breath for those other 20 for the time being. The situation get kinda cloudy when mainline "potentially" seeks bankruptcy protection. But I certainly hope that XJ won't be happy with just 15.

nwa

what would happen if NWA went bankrupt? Would xj and 9e be totally screwed or would they continue to fly their routes?

Chicagopilot22 said:
what would happen if NWA went bankrupt? Would xj and 9e be totally screwed or would they continue to fly their routes?

Ever hear of United?

Nah, we'll keep flying. Labbats is right. Both US Air and United have been operating under bankruptcy protection for years. Their respective feeders/regionals are still flying for them to this day. No worries...

Mesaba has its own issues, but you'll get better seniority and better chances for advancement there since they're just at the beginning of their hiring curve.

Pinnacle will come out with better pay once it's all said and done and hopefully equal work rules, but it will be a long, bloody battle and you'll be stuck at the bottom of a list with SH*T work rules and you don't want to go there.

NWA will most definitely file for bankruptcy protection soon, more than likely before the year is out. When that happens, they have the option to renegotiate their contracts with XJ and 9E, and 9E management will be playing that for all its worth in negotiations, so it's bound to get ugly. That said, I truly don't believe they'll get rid of either carrier, it would cost WAY too much to shift all those aircraft around, just doesn't make sense.

Good luck!

Rook said:
You gotta read between the lines my friend. Those 'options' will be XJ's. Deservedly so.

Especially if Mesaba management agrees to fly the additional 20 at the same 3% profit margin they agreed to operate the first 15 on. I think we have officially moved beyond the point where not only regional airline employees agree to drop their pants to secure additional flying but now management is doing it as well.

Hey Chief,

Did Uncle Phil tell you about that 3% stuff in the "Mesaba is the enemy" video? Seriously, where did you hear about the 3% margin stuff? AFAIK the new ASA is not signed and definitely not public yet. Even before this ASA Mesaba has got the worst margin in the biz, thanks to NWA and the yes men mgmt that Mesaba has. Mesaba has to pay for so much more than most regionals, the profit margin is rediculously low, compared to say Chaniqua.

FO

Last edited:
FO....you know where all my Mesaba insider info comes from. :)

DoinTime said:
Especially if Mesaba management agrees to fly the additional 20 at the same 3% profit margin they agreed to operate the first 15 on. I think we have officially moved beyond the point where not only regional airline employees agree to drop their pants to secure additional flying but now management is doing it as well.

Seriously, are we now getting into who's management sluts out the best? I have to laugh if anyone at either XJ or 9E is actually interested or cares about what ASA was signed and for how much. The only thing us red headed step children should care about right now is 9E's contract progress (or lack thereof) and supporting the 9E pilots 110%.

Latest resources

Back