Mesaba vs. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kmox29 said:
Seriously, are we now getting into who's management sluts out the best? I have to laugh if anyone at either XJ or 9E is actually interested or cares about what ASA was signed and for how much. The only thing us red headed step children should care about right now is 9E's contract progress (or lack thereof) and supporting the 9E pilots 110%.

I'm glad somebody gets it. Am I really supposed to care if XJ's profit margin is 3% or 30% with these new planes? You guys finally got some growth, and that's all that really matters. Let management worry about the margins, that's none of our concern. I just fly airplanes and collect a paycheck.

Workin'Stiff said:
Nah, we'll keep flying. Labbats is right. Both US Air and United have been operating under bankruptcy protection for years. Their respective feeders/regionals are still flying for them to this day. No worries...

Except for the slashed pay and work rules! No worries!

Look at how many 9E guys are saying go to XJ... That should be enough of a clue.

I don't see any XJ guys saying go to 9E, that should be a clue too.

It is good to see XJ getting 15, they better get the 20 on top of that too. I can understand why they are hesitant, NWA does the whipsawing better than anyone else.

Take XJ, you will not regret it

thanks for all of your informative comments.
All of this stuff seems petty right now considering what just happened in london

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Except for the slashed pay and work rules! No worries!

Yeah, no worries for the regionals. Mainline guys/gals are the ones takin' in the shorts, unfortunately. I don't see the regionals takin' the slash in work rules and pay cuts, unless its on their own unions accord.

Mesaba newhires based where?

Where can a newhire at Mesaba expect to be based?

noslonlo said:
Where can a newhire at Mesaba expect to be based?

On the Avro you will start out in MEM, possible to get CVG before leaving training, DTW within a couple months, MSP in a year plus. However it seems that a larger portion of the last few classes have been from Michigan and looking to go to DTW so it could start swinging more senior (see note at bottom).

On the CRJ you will get MSP because it's the only choice, at least for now.

On the Saab you could get either DTW or MEM from day one and MSP after several months.

Captain upgrade into the Saab is currently at 5 years, though that should decrease with the CRJ deliveries.

Note: Once the CRJ bids start getting awarded.....Yea, I'll have to get back to ya on that one, just too hard to tell where all the shuffling will be from.

Latest resources

Back