• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Voluntary Time Off W/O Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like they over staffed like Express I/Pinnacle back in 2001/2. There were over 50 of us both captains and first officers that only flew 110hrs or less for a whole year. Flew about 10 hours a month.

I disagree. They over estimated the number of pilots who would bid over to the CRJ and CR9 and are now heavy on SAAB crews. My understanding is this is only temporary until they can find a way to remedy the situation. I personally believe the only way they can fix this is by putting out a vacancy with no flow through lock attached to it.

so are they still hiring street captains into the saab like it says on their website?

or is that pretty much over with?

what exactly is a "pool of applicants"? are these qualified individuals who have already interviewed, were successful, and are waiting for street captain class dates?

or are the people in this "pool" something else?

and am i correct to assume, from reading the above posts, that they are no longer accepting resumes/interviewing for street captain positions?

thanks.

I don't know what is in the "pool" of applicants, just what I have heard throughout the company.

what exactly is a "pool of applicants"? are these qualified individuals who have already interviewed, were successful, and are waiting for street captain class dates?

and am i correct to assume, from reading the above posts, that they are no longer accepting resumes/interviewing for street captain positions?

thanks.

If you're really curious, just send them a resume and see if they call you for a Street Captain position.

thanks.

The last I heard was there were around 30 accepted captains waiting for dates...obivously not all will go if called so send a resume if you're interested.

A friend of mine interviewed on the 10th of Jan and they offered him the 14th class. He couldn't make on such short notice, and now there's no word on when the next class will be.

When I was at PCL that is exactly what happened when we started to get the CRJ's the SAAB became over staffed. People did not even meet their currency and consolidation of knowledge and had to go back to the sim for a checkride to get requalified.

Latest resources

Back