• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Upgrade less than 6 Months!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find this thread really funny for one reason: All the "holier than thou" XJ guys saying how unsafe Pinnacle is because of the low time guys, and here your going to have 1500 hr captains. At least pinnacle's had 3000.

I find this thread really funny for one reason: All the "holier than thou" XJ guys saying how unsafe Pinnacle is because of the low time guys, and here your going to have 1500 hr captains. At least pinnacle's had 3000.

So did Mesaba up untill now....

There WAS a total time requirement for the SAAB upgrade of 3000 and AVRO 5000. This is a new realm we are going into here and I hope for everyones sake, that safety here remains a priority.

As I understand it, the first individual has alot more than time than 1500. Former frieghtdog, or at least that was the story I was told.

Perfect place for a TG quote.."It's not yer flyin' it's yer attitude...every time you go up there, yer unsafe!":D

(That's a J-O-A-K son, don't go gettin' mad at me...just keepin' it light!)

And CptMurf makes a good point...all the regionals are scraping the barrel so to speak...I think we're finally seeing the "pilot shortage" we've heard about since 1988...

I just went through upgrade. All 15 new hires were top notch guys and all but a couple were very highly qualified. Military, 135, 121 were the norm. I have no qualms about any of them getting a quick upgarde.

Hey Mesabi, how many guys do you think are effected by the seat locks???

I may be incorrect in saying this, but I believe everyone who chose to upgrade (or requalify as the case may be) since the signing of the concessionary "deal" is locked for two years. I don't have a number, but let me say - lots. Flew with N.P. last night and was told a rumor you may be coming back. Any truth? Despite being at the bottom again, it might not be that bad considering all the movement.

MM

MM, with the displacement followed by reinstatement are you seatlocked?

Yeah buddy. Unfortunately. Right now it's an irrelevant point, but I'm afraid I may start seeing people junior to me (7 years) awarded CA slots in CRJs. When that occurs, I wonder what kind of mutany will occur within the ranks. Some 7 year+ FOs may have chosen wisely to remain FOs until now - to avoid being seatlocked in the Saab. Time will tell.

I may be incorrect in saying this, but I believe everyone who chose to upgrade (or requalify as the case may be) since the signing of the concessionary "deal" is locked for two years. I don't have a number, but let me say - lots. Flew with N.P. last night and was told a rumor you may be coming back. Any truth? Despite being at the bottom again, it might not be that bad considering all the movement.

MM

Well, as of yesterday, it's confirmed... October 8th class for the CRJ-900... So off to the bottom I go... But the alternative of commuting to DFW wasn't looking too good.

Dude, we've got to get together and get a cold barley pop sometime!

i sure hope the seat locks do not hold, but i ask myself, a bottom feeder on the 200 or senior on the saab with a good line? who knows.........I just want the choice!

Latest resources

Back