• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Upgrade less than 6 Months!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yea i suppose they must be..., becasue april 23rd g. conner from dtw is going to be a captain in a saab after only maybe 100 hours in the airplane, hmm i might avoid that city for a few months. or at least until he is not a hmc

There are plenty of senior FO's still on our list. Who knows what they are thinking. Here are some guesses:

1) Some MSP senior FO's are probably waiting for the CRJ200's to re-start coming in so they can go straight to Jet captain (for about $12-$15/hr better pay).

2) Some super senior guys might not ever upgrade. If the family income is high enough, why would you ever want to give up a top-ten spot on the list. I'm sure plenty of these guys have second jobs that more than compensate for crappy FO pay. And if you can be sure of 18-15 days off every month, including weekends and holidays, why not?

3) Others are probably just waiting until they can jump into the captain list in the top half or so. With upgrades as fast and furious as they currently are, the wait shouldn't be too long.

Just some guesses. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

There are plenty of senior FO's still on our list. Who knows what they are thinking. Here are some guesses:

1) Some MSP senior FO's are probably waiting for the CRJ200's to re-start coming in so they can go straight to Jet captain (for about $12-$15/hr better pay).

2) Some super senior guys might not ever upgrade. If the family income is high enough, why would you ever want to give up a top-ten spot on the list. I'm sure plenty of these guys have second jobs that more than compensate for crappy FO pay. And if you can be sure of 18-15 days off every month, including weekends and holidays, why not?

3) Others are probably just waiting until they can jump into the captain list in the top half or so. With upgrades as fast and furious as they currently are, the wait shouldn't be too long.

Just some guesses. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

I think you're right. From the 400's to mid 500's on the list you've got many holding out for some reason or another. I the next 6 months, the DTW 900 Capt. spots should easily start hitting the 300-400 mark. Maybe guys are holding out for that. Although if and when the seatlock is released it won't matter anyway.
There will definately be guys who can hold SF34 capt. that can't take it because they don't have the ATP mins. Interesting times for sure.............

Effectively, yes: ATP mins.

The way it reads is ATP mins + 1000 XJ hours or 2 years of service. The XJ hours and yrs or service shall be reduced until the vacancy is filled (to specifically avoid hiring of street captains).

So, with a lot of new blood in the company, and senior guys biding their time, it all boils down to ATP minimums.

I couldn't believe that award when I saw it. All I can say is that it will be a scary thing if they don't release the seat lock and instead put 1500 hour ATPs in the CA seat of a -900. With the stream of 300 hour pilots coming onboard, this may be entirely possible. Fascinating stuff...

MM

I couldn't believe that award when I saw it. All I can say is that it will be a scary thing if they don't release the seat lock and instead put 1500 hour ATPs in the CA seat of a -900. With the stream of 300 hour pilots coming onboard, this may be entirely possible. Fascinating stuff...

MM

Hey Mesabi, how many guys do you think are effected by the seat locks???

I think that our management team would be overjoyed to the extent of soiling their linens by the opportunity to pay jet captains 2nd year pay. Just imagine the executive bonuses!

I truly don't think there will be any seat lock releases except as necessary to prevent street captains which is still probably a long way off.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back