Mesaba sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbird

I just interviewed there and man the pay and reserve time isnt too good...Plus upgrade to captain could take forever. There definatly are some better paying regionals out there and with better QOL.

Did Mesaba turn you down? Just keep your chin up and smile during your next interview.

And there really aren't too many "great" regional FO jobs out there. Pretty much all of them are going to pay pretty poorly.

bigbird said:
I just interviewed there and man the pay and reserve time isnt too good...Plus upgrade to captain could take forever. There definatly are some better paying regionals out there and with better QOL.

Could you expand your vocabulary beyond the word "SUCKS"

Maybe you could describe what you were told about upgrade, pay, reserve, QOL, etc.

Last edited:
bigbird said:

Welcome to the big leagues, junior!

Bigbird,

I'm afraid your conclusions are a bit... biased. Mesaba is FAR from a bad place to work and is no worse than any regional pay wise. Upgrade times are falling as we speak with the introduction of the CRJ's. Guess my conclusions are biased as well...

MM

bigbird said:
They still doing the evaluation sim ride over at STP?

Reserve time ??

I only sat reserve for two weeks back in May. F.O. pay seems to be about average for most regionals.

Don't let it get you down, Bigbird.

Latest resources

Back