• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I did it right it will be more like 50. I looked at the present (471) and proposed (521) staffing and the difference it 50.

I'll bet that they go through the entire list once, to find 50 guys willing to come back.

They'd be silly if they didn't call the whole list, right now. 50/220 = 23% acceptance ratio. That's pretty high, as far as recalls go. And, we all know that 100-150 or so have moved on and won't ever come back. The sooner they clear up who's coming back, the better. Especially as it is hard for regionals to fill new hire classes these days. It's time now to get a jump on things.

Here is a question for XJ guys. Im furloughed and I haven't yet, but I should fill out a preferential bid form. I obviously want MSP first (who doesn't) So I would put all the Captain slots down and then put CRJ900 MSP F.O followed by SF340 MSP F.O. After that Im going to put FUR (remain furloughed). I take it that they won't bother me then unless I was awarded MSP and there are pilots junior to me on furlough or if there is no one junior to me and its my last chance to come back. Please let me know if I have the or part correct.

Im currently away from my mailing address just wondering if any body got a recall letter yet? Or do they wait for the vacancy to close, look at all the furloughed pilots perferential bid forms and then send out recall letters accordingly?? Thanks for the help on this one

I am also furloughed and was just wondering if I stand a chance at getting the jet f.o. positon in DTW or will I come back as Saab F.O.? I was on the saab, so if I come back as Saab f.o. will I need to take the long course again?

Also, what do you guys think about Mesaba's growth potential beyond the 36 CRJ's. Does anyone think we will end up getting Compass's airplanes? I think that NWA might emerge from bankruptcy and liquidate Compass. Is this true, or am I completely out of my mind?

Bob, I understand this issue the way you explained it. Glasair, According to the vacacy notice (if I am reading correctly) the 900 is going to MSP first.

Thanks for the info Hogan. I have a few more q's...if we come back could we be seat locked if we chose the Saab in DTW?

Also with regards to the ALPA claim...my understanding is that if you are furloughed you can't collect until mesaba is clear of bankruptcy. If this is the case, than if we are in training or on line at the time Mesaba is clear of the bankruptcy will we get our full amount of the claim or will we still get the furloughed pilot portion of the claim?

Latest resources

Back