• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba poised to speedup???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is sort of off the path of this thread but has to do with XJ. My buddy is over at the training center for Compass and heard there was a Eagle guy that interviewed for SF340 street captain and while at the interview was offered an interview for CRJ checkairmen and offered the position. He took it and is in class as we speak. He will be getting 100hrs of 900 captain pay a month. Geeze we really didn't have anybody on property who wanted that position. I know they were interviewing for it but they didn't make it sound as if they were that hard up that they had to hire off the street for it. I guess the guy flew the ERJ at Eagle and was an F.O the whole time. No disrespect to him, congradts.

Im just wondering if that is considered a management position or will his name be on the seniority list with CRJ captain next to it and if so does that mean bye bye to the SF340 seat locks, just curios. anybody?

I Heard about that guy also on the day I interviewed. As for the Seat Locks going bye bye , dunno??

I Heard about that guy also on the day I interviewed. As for the Seat Locks going bye bye , dunno??
Just so everyone is clear, the hiring of one Jet captain off the street doesn't release all Saab seatlocks. It releases just enough to cover the vacancy.
Here it is from our negotiating chair:

So, as it stands at the time of this writing, there has been no change whatsoever to this provision. If a pilot is awarded a captain position, they may not go to a higher paying position until 24 months after completing training or Mesaba has run out of pilots willing to bid that higher paying aircraft. At that time, on a pilot for pilot basis, the seatlock(s) is removed. The need for a single street captain on the Saab does not remove this provision. The need for a single street captain on the CRJ would remove the seatlock for a single Saab captain who bids the CRJ. Please note that the company may waive any or all equipment freezes on a uniform and non-discriminatory basis as per sction 24 C. 1. of the contract.

I think the point of the original post was that Mesaba, has had a very long, (60+ years) and very safe history. Experience, has had a lot to do with it. We are now at a cross roads with the lowest time, least experience captains in our history. We've always had plenty of time to groom fo's and give them the experience to uphold this tradition. The question is how do we instill the same principles in people who will have very little, or no experience in some of the most challenging areas of the Mesaba system.
M.S. You homo! When you going to upgrade to provide that wealth of experience? Holdin' out for the CRJ or did you take the Saab?

BTW...I have concerns about your salvation and stuff!

I know of a second guy hired off the street for CRJ CA training/sim/check airman on the 900. That makes at least 2.

how could this be? I have had a couple run ins on this forum with guys saying they were hired as a captain here at XJ. The one....cannot remember his user name was (is) a tool. If guys like that are getting positions I want, that blows! Another way to screw us who have been here a while.........I guess I should be happy with Saab captain in my home town......

Why all the bitching about seat locks. You were aware of them when you bid saab captain, were you not? Those were the rules. You made your choice and now you don't like the outcome so you want Mesaba to undo your choice. Bullshoot.

Oh, and Mesaba is the new Pinnacle.

Latest resources

Back