Mesaba, Pinnacle, or Express Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gear goes down

I have decided, I don’t want to instruct anymore! The only problem I have is the multi time. I have over a thousand hours but very few multi, only about 25 hrs. And where I’m at it is almost imposable to get anymore. I might be able to get a few here and there but its far between.

Anyways, I think I will die if I have to go around the traffic pattern again! I always told myself that I would instruct until I was no longer having fun. That time has come. I live on the gulf coast and I don’t want to move. I lived here for a year now and absolutely love it. The only problem I have with this is there is not a lot of regional’s I could work for living here.

I know if I was to work with Mesaba or Pinnacle it wouldn’t be such a hard commute (I think) to MEM. That is if I could get based there. Where do most new hires get sent?

Also, express jet would be an easy commute to IAH (again, I think), if I could get based there. Again, would I be able to got IAH and where do most new hires get sent?

Its also about an hour drive to MSY and MOB and about 2 hours away to PNS from where I live. I don’t think I would have a problem driving to one of those places if I had to.

Anyways, what do you guys think?? Am I completely hopeless or even clueless? Who would I have a better chance with my sort of time (if I have any at all)? I know I would prefer express jet.

Thanks
ggd

Our two California bases are JR. ONT and LAX. You could probably get back to IAH pretty quick but I'd bet you'd start out in Cali. Maybe I missed something but did you say all you have is 25hrs twin but you want a job? You're going to have to get a MINIMUM of 100 to even meet the mins pretty much anywhere.

Best of luck!
TA

With 25 hours, you're going to have to take what you can get. Beggars can't be choosers. I know it sucks to hear, but you should consider yourself to be lucky to get called by anyone, and take them up on it. You really have two options... continue doing what you're doing now and search for more multi (which doesn't seem like what you want to do) or throw out your resumes and take what you can get even if its not "desirable".

Thanks for the advice. I love flying twins and actually the majority of my multi time is in a very well equipped Cessna 340, which is a blast to fly.

The only thing that gets me thinking is that I here all these stories of people getting hired with 300 hrs and 20 multi. But who knows. Maybe I will just be an instructor for life and be miserable saying “use the F****** rudders!!!

“use the F****** rudders!!!

How many rudders do yo have!!!???!!!! I know that you don't want to hear it, but it sound like you really need to get some more multi time. Unless your pockets are really deep, no short-cuts.

Thanks for the advice. I love flying twins and actually the majority of my multi time is in a very well equipped Cessna 340, which is a blast to fly.

The only thing that gets me thinking is that I here all these stories of people getting hired with 300 hrs and 20 multi. But who knows. Maybe I will just be an instructor for life and be miserable saying “use the F****** rudders!!!

Everyone has posted Lower minimums in the last few weeks... Some have even lowered the minimum requirements to close to what you already have BUT The key is to evaluate what the other guys have versus what you have.

Any chance that you would change instructor jobs to get the Multitime? I know All-ATP's was looking for instructors in JAX and there turn over is high due to their guys having higher multitime.

We (PSA) only lower the minimums for guys that have Aviation University training and/or RJ training of sometype. I know guys will come out and complain about "PFT" (Pay For Training) but as they say "When in Rome." If guys with less time are getting hired, it must count for something?

In two months, the minimums will be that much lower and before long others have predicted hiring like Europe where only the Best of the Best get to go to Pilot Training and the Airlines will pay for it. Not my theory, but others say it will happen.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

At XJ the lowest I have heard is 43 multi, the posted mins are 600/50. MEM goes very jr. NWA just changed the nonrev policy and there is no longer any charge to nonrev (jumpseating was and is free but nonrev allows more options) to all NWA XJ and 9E employees so that should help.

The pilots at XJ are a great group of guys/gals to work with, and I have used 9E alot getting to work and have never had a problem, if fact have had some 9E captians really help me out (thanks).

good luck

If you got big titties, you can go to DAL right now....

Latest resources

Back