• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba, Pinnacle, or Express Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe it was previously mentioned, but get up to 1200 and do 6 months of flying frieght. You'll get a ton on multi time and lots of good experience. You will be able to pick and choose after that. Plus when you do get hired at a regional, you will be able to fly circles around your new hire peers.

There are regionals out there that will take you. Trans States, Pinnacle, Mesaba, and great lakes are all hiring guys with really low time. To get in at one of the better regionals however you'll need more multi. If it means anything to you, I was hired at Trans States (have since left, now at XJT) with 1000TT and 29ME. There were guys in my class there as low as 300TT and 20ME. As I'm sure you know, Trans States is not without its share of issues... but for what its worth, it sure beats doing slow flight all day. You might want to look into it.

NWA just changed the nonrev policy and there is no longer any charge to nonrev (jumpseating was and is free but nonrev allows more options) to all NWA XJ and 9E employees so that should help.

Could someone please confrim this is true? If so, is there no charge for just the employee or does it also extend to spouse? Mother/father? Thanks guys.

Yes, it's true. Employee + spouse + kids all nonrev for free - no charges. Charges still apply for the parents of the employee. This is true at Mesaba, so it's probably true at PCL also.

You still get hit with imputed taxes for RTC or Domestic Partner at Mesaba... otherwise, yes we've returned to a much improved nonrev policy.

This is excellent news as I'm going to start commuting again in a month. Maybe NW MGMT isn't so bad after all... nah, they're still all scumbags.

There are regionals out there that will take you. Trans States, Pinnacle, Mesaba, and great lakes are all hiring guys with really low time. To get in at one of the better regionals however you'll need more multi. If it means anything to you, I was hired at Trans States (have since left, now at XJT) with 1000TT and 29ME. There were guys in my class there as low as 300TT and 20ME. As I'm sure you know, Trans States is not without its share of issues... but for what its worth, it sure beats doing slow flight all day. You might want to look into it.

That's AWESOME. Mesaba gets put into the same lot as Lakes, Express, and TSA. Man, have times changed.

editior's note: please take no offense. Just commenting on the quality of the shop and not the employees who took a job to put themselves in better circumstances.

That's AWESOME. Mesaba gets put into the same lot as Lakes, Express, and TSA. Man, have times changed.

editior's note: please take no offense. Just commenting on the quality of the shop and not the employees who took a job to put themselves in better circumstances.

yes it's a shame... Gordy Newstrom picked the right time to "depart the pattern" though I'm sure he'd be spinning in his grave to see what the current management has done to his airline recently.

Latest resources

Back