• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba, Pinnacle, or Express Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the advice. I love flying twins and actually the majority of my multi time is in a very well equipped Cessna 340, which is a blast to fly.

The only thing that gets me thinking is that I here all these stories of people getting hired with 300 hrs and 20 multi. But who knows. Maybe I will just be an instructor for life and be miserable saying “use the F****** rudders!!!

Somebody should let you in on something....

If you are already so impatient that you are worried about being 'miserable' the rest of your life, maybe you should consider doing something else with your career.

After a couple of months at your first "real job" flying, you will be bored. Flying the line may seem a lot better than what you are doing now, and in some ways it is. But the fact is (if you go to a regional - or any airline) what the job entails is.......routine.

You will do the same thing day in and day out, in the same order, and mostly to the same airports.....and that's as an F.O.

Then you upgrade working for the same operator....

Are you going to lose your cool with the new hires you work with? Or will you be patient (like you weren't while instructing) and help them along?

The best take I have on the whole deal is to continue making an effort to better yourself, and to help out those around you.

For what it's worth......

Trans States will take 25 multi. With 1000TT you're in good shape.

Pinnacle has hired guys sub 300TT/25 multi, but they had completed a jet training program (UND, JetU, etc).

I say ignore the mins and send out your cover letter and resume to everyone you want to work for. Good luck!

Last edited:
A long time ago I knew a guy that hire at PCL with 8 hours multi.

I'd suggest American Eagle.....

I just got an email from their recruiting department thanking me for my recent application and that they'd like to interview me for an upcoming class date.

I applied to Eagle in 1999.

T2S

Buy a 50 hour block....it will get you closer.

Or, instruct up to 1200 TT and fly for FEX or AMF....

You will do the same thing day in and day out, in the same order, and mostly to the same airports.....and that's as an F.O.

Come to xjt there is nothing routine about the routes here. Nothing like doing a Mexico city turn in the morning followed by a Toronto Overnight.

Pinnacle will take you as long as you are alive and breathing. Wait actually I don't think that part of the mins I do believe we are hiring dead people to fill the right seat as well.
Well got to go to my six leg day.
See ya.

Latest resources

Back