• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba losing the Avros (?)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Northwest could have substantial leverage because there are few, if any, leasing alteratives for the craft"

Bingo!!! Imagine being the leasee of the Avro:
Either you renegotiate the Avro lease or you get them back and make 0, nada, nothin'.

It's just playing hard ball and Northwest are the masters at the game. Still thinking the Avros are gone just yet.

The competition out there domestically is in the 70-90 seat range. Why would NWA want to get rid of a potentially 85 seat airplane? If the Avro's go away there is no way for NWA to compete against that market!! Why not then put 85 seats in the Avro and just pay the pilots the same rate they're making now. Wouldn't that make more sense. Boy, this industry is going down the tubes.

westbound said:
The competition out there domestically is in the 70-90 seat range. Why would NWA want to get rid of a potentially 85 seat airplane? If the Avro's go away there is no way for NWA to compete against that market!! Why not then put 85 seats in the Avro and just pay the pilots the same rate they're making now. Wouldn't that make more sense. Boy, this industry is going down the tubes.
Maybe the RJ-85 is a sacrifical lamb for the company to offer NWA union? Maybe it's too confusing for their guys to have to accept 70 seaters and 70 seater pay with the Avro hanging out there in XJ land. Good luck XJ!

Does anyone know who owns the leasing Co's that NWA is leasing from? I heard somewhere(dont know the reliability of source) that its 1 or some of the big wig's or big share holders at NWA

The airworthiness certs. state Wells Fargo Bank - Northwest on most of them. Remember, 10 of them are owned by NWA not leased.

I bet that the first 9 to be parked are the ones that NW owns. 527-536. Those are the ones that went/were going to the desert to scare us greedy XJ pilots. They would have parked 10 of them but 528 is parked terminally.

When is the saab getting friggin GPS??! Wait..... we have 3 receivers (2 operational) in our saabs yet none we can use for navigational purposes.

JPAustin said:
Concessions look a lot less lethal when the "career mortality light" is going off (did I quote "Backdraft" correctly?)...

I think it's a Career Dissipation Light as in:

"You see that gleam in your eye? It's your career dissipation light, and it just went into overdrive."

As to the Avros...I'm not holding my breath

"The AVROS currently aren't profitable but with 74 seats under new managment they could be"

- puzzling quote from steenland.

Why not 85 seats?
What new managment?
NEWCO possibly?
Or maybe just a Poker game bluff?

Latest resources

Back