Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba losing 10 saabs in addition to the rest of the cuts.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jayspilot

Northwest to pull 10 planes from Mesaba schedule
Fri Oct 7, 2005 09:09 AM ET
CHICAGO, Oct 7 (Reuters) - Mair Holdings Inc. (MAIR.O: Quote, Profile, Research) , parent of Mesaba Aviation Inc., on Friday said bankrupt Northwest Airlines (NWACQ.O: Quote, Profile, Research) will remove 10 Saab B+ aircraft from Mesaba's schedule as of Jan. 4. Mair also said in a government filing that Northwest has advised Mair that it likely will be unable to meet the delivery schedule for the remaining 13 Canadair Regional Jet Aircraft that are to be delivered according to a previous agreement.

Remind me again why JS kept saying that staying exclusive to Northwest is the best thing for us to do....

It's not like Mesaba had much choice in the matter. It was bound by a contract.

WMUSIGPI said:
Remind me again why JS kept saying that staying exclusive to Northwest is the best thing for us to do....

Yup its true just read it on the company website this morning. Happy job searching fellow new hires.

The screws are-a-turnin boys. Next on the agenda... CONCESSIONS.

How many Coronas you wanna bet that the second a concessionary agreement is signed the flood gates open for growth.

Why did NWA prod XJ into starting revenue service in the CRJ 2 weeks early just to tell us that they will not meet the delievery schedule? Why did XJ willingly go forward with operating 2 aircraft. Consider the fact that we havent been paid for almost a month's worth of flying.

XJ MGMT you've got some 'splanin to do.

Political Posturing and a Show Of Force

That is all this is, the "concessionary" meeting with mgmt. on Friday and Monday went nowhere, but a big circle. (Negotiate concessions and we'll show you the financials...Show us the finacials and we'll decide if concessions are necessary) So they pushed a little harder, now IT'S TIME TO PUSH BACK!!

Our union is only as strong as it's solidarity, and makes decisions for the group as a whole. We need to get the word to EVERY representative that we would rather walk than take concessions. (If you don't feel this way, then convey that to them) And I mean today, their numbers are on the walls in the crewrooms start dialing. I have been here for 7 years and basically seen a downward spiral for the last 5. I'm tired of it, I WILL NOT downgrade AGAIN, I will not accept ANY concessionary contract. This is ridiculous, if this is to be the end of XJ, so be it. I will burn it down personally. Call the reps, the more their phones ring the louder the message to ALPA, and you better believe MGMT will know.

Since I am a company guy and I trust that the people that sit in the offices in MSP would never blatantly lie or mislead their employees, here is my guess as to what our seniority list will look like at the turn of the year.

CRJ Captain (all 10 of them) 1985 and senior.
Saab Captain will be 3/97 and senior.
Saab/CRJ FO will be 4/97-1/99

CptMurf said:
That is all this is, the "concessionary" meeting with mgmt. on Friday and Monday went nowhere, but a big circle. (Negotiate concessions and we'll show you the financials...Show us the finacials and we'll decide if concessions are necessary) So they pushed a little harder, now IT'S TIME TO PUSH BACK!!

Our union is only as strong as it's solidarity, and makes decisions for the group as a whole. We need to get the word to EVERY representative that we would rather walk than take concessions. (If you don't feel this way, then convey that to them) And I mean today, their numbers are on the walls in the crewrooms start dialing. I have been here for 7 years and basically seen a downward spiral for the last 5. I'm tired of it, I WILL NOT downgrade AGAIN, I will not accept ANY concessionary contract. This is ridiculous, if this is to be the end of XJ, so be it. I will burn it down personally. Call the reps, the more their phones ring the louder the message to ALPA, and you better believe MGMT will know.
Amen Cpt. I am at the point that this job is not worth any less than it is now. SIC in a Saab for reduced wages does nothing for me. I may need to sell my residence, and move on. But I can't see giving one cent back to a company who's management has failed to allow it to survive. I was under the opinion that management made lots of money to avoid situations like these. I am spreading my opinion that if Mesaba needs to be the first significant regional to go down in flames, then so be it. I, like Cpt Murf, am tired of this and will vote NO to any concessions. My apologies to many of the good, hard working people at Mesaba but our company and big brother NWA have failed us all and we should be able to be proud of the company we work for. I'm disgusted and I will vote NO.

MM

Latest resources

Back