• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesaba interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's too bad they didn't put a search function on this forum because then we wouldn't have to read the same crap over and over.

Oh ya regional pilot's don't get paid enough and everyone has sjs.

Just got back from MSP. Had a noon interview today. What a great time. Will write more tomorrow about it, super tired =)

Ok. To start, I guess the interviews have changed from the beginning of the year. I just got off the phone with a buddy who interviewed in March. He was the only one in the lobby, and they didn't give out a slip with his "daily routine" for the interview. They didn't ahve him do a drug test, 2 weeks later, got the Dear John letter.

As for my experience. I was nervous for the week up to the interview. I arrived a day early and got some time to relax. I have two friends who are in class now. So they showed me where I would be going, where to meet in the morning, etc. I arrived at 1145 for a noon interview. There were 6 of us in the lobby. 2 women and 4 guys. We watched the presentation, talked to Mike Anderson, and got our slips for what we were doing for the day. I started on the sim, which I was thankful for. Then the HR/Tech interview. Very relaxed, open interview. I brought up a couple of names to Mr. Anderson of guys I knew at Mesaba and he knew them. Both are in the single digits in senority on the Avro. So I think that helped that I knew them, and he knew them. Then the Wonder Lick and the IFR test. I felt it was straight forward. Then the drug test, and home by 930pm. All in all, a great experience, very warm and open with the whole experience. My friend who is in class now told me that the HR head said she plans on hiring 4 out of the 10 interviewed on Thurday, and the same for Friday. We'll see, keep my fingers crossed, but I was very excitied leaving that I gave it my best. Great group of people at Mesaba, hands down!

BoDean:

They didn't give your buddy a drug test because a.) he was the only one there for the interview and b.) they didn't want to hire him .

To the rest of you interested in Mesaba: If you are offered an interview, they want to hire you. All you have to do is show up, prove that your resume and logs aren't pencil whipped (technical q's), and show them that you are not a freak (tell me about a time...). Good luck.

Anybody get a call for a ground school date? Also, heard that the October 10th class may have been cancelled? Any insight is much appreciated.

There's only one current vacancy notice for CRJ class starting October 3rd. It's for 6 new-hire FO's and 6 Captains...

Newhires start indoc on the 26th. Company's probably waiting to see how this whole thing shakes out, before they begin training more folks on the avro. New vacancy should be out within a week, so we shall see.

Has anybody that interviewed on the 8th or 9th gotten a call?!?!?

I'm going crazy waiting by the phone...

Latest resources

Back