• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba: Great Expectations....right...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I for one will never post names of people that told me something so take it for what it's worth. In reguards to the hangers full of Crj's in YUL my friend who was doing a DTW YUL high speed in the final days of the avro say a NWA painted CRJ 200 with a canidian "N" number was in one of the hangers. They, he and the captain, said they say it in one of the hangers while taxing. This was late Dec. Like I said don't give me any grief for not namming my source. If you don't believe then don't worry about it.

Who will play the NWA game. They are not going to accept a low bid from someone they cannot control.

As far as "Who will play the NWA game" goes, according to the press in the Minneapolis area they even have the MAC "Metropolitan airports commission" playing the game. By threatning to shift flying to other hubs from MSP they have the MAC sweating so bad about loosing business that they are going to give NWA a huge deal on operational fees out of MSP, even though NWA owes the MAC 260 million from previous hard times. Maybe someday somebody will call there bluff.

Maybe it was one of those destined (crj200) for XJ prior to the bankruptcy. I heard they had atleast two more done but never got delivered.???

Who is YPF? Why the Great Powerful Oz, of course! His posts are "all knowing!" Can't ya picture him fumbling with knobs and widgets behind a billowing curtain?

i fly into YUL next week, I will go on a late night mission to find out whats going on. I will just sleep in one of the 900's and then report back to work the next day

YPF doesn't know squat. If Compass isn't going to happen, YPF, then why are there 13 furloughed NW FO's/CA's in St. Louis with Compass badges getting training on the E-190?

YPF doesn't know squat. If Compass isn't going to happen, YPF, then why are there 13 furloughed NW FO's/CA's in St. Louis with Compass badges getting training on the E-190?
Fleet commonality. The difference between a 195 and a 175 is only the number of seats. So If NWA buys 150 ERJ's a mix of 175's and 195's. They dump the entire training and fleet setup costs to compass instead of the E195 operation at mainline. Staff compass with mainline pilots displaced from the DC-9 to mainline E195's. Sell off the 175 operation before it ever gets off the ground, keep the 195's at mainline. At that point you basically sold the entire startup of a new fleet at a profit. Some "other" regional will get the 175's and pay huge contract costs back to NWA.

Seven, I always thought I heard strange crap going on in MSP back in the day. Those darn hotel walls were thin!

It was the sound of me beating my head against the freaking wall trying to figure out the difference between the ECU or the DECU.

Latest resources

Back