• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba going to LAX; SLC Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Pinnacle is going to ATL.. SkyWest is going to MSP.. I can see how Mesaba doesnt want to open a SLC base.. It changes every few months!!

I have never heard of such a thing. Just looked over this past year at flights between LGA-LAX on Saturdays.. They have not occured this year. And never have to my knowledge. Thus the reason for the rules. There's not exception on Saturdays to my knowledge (from what I have read and also know).

You are wrong. It started with ATA, flying 757s from LGA to SFO, and onto Hawaii. Actually, any airline can fly on Saturday ONLY from LGA to the West Coast. And, I did fly the flight (we also did LGA to SLC on Saturdays too a few years back). What I thought was crazy was the LGA to LAX nonstop was not that full. You would think people in Manhattan would take advantage of that, but it was about 60% full. That may be a reason it is not flying today.

I went to google and pulled up an Airliners.net discussion about the LGA to LAX flight. I clicked on the line, but it has expired. Look at the date---October, 2006.

[FONT=ARIAL,]Panamair [FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]
United_States.gif
From United States, joined Oct 2001, 3610 posts, RR: 28
[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]Posted Thu Apr 13 2006 19:56:49 your local time (3 years 8 months 5 days 12 hours ago) and read 3710 time[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,]DL will start Saturday-only LGA-LAS and LGA-LAX . Also, JFK-RIC moved up to July 5 as noted previously in another thread:[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,]http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060413/97391.html[/FONT]

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I thought that SkyWest got the bigger aircraft because YOU voted to allow it. Pot meet Kettle.

With the help of the BK judge you mean? Nobody at DL would want larger RJs roaming around except management and the BK judge. Why would we want that again? Luckily, we are at least seeing more 50 seaters going away, and then hopefully more 70 and then 76 seaters. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee

With the help of the BK judge you mean? Nobody at DL would want larger RJs roaming around except management and the BK judge. Why would we want that again? Luckily, we are at least seeing more 50 seaters going away, and then hopefully more 70 and then 76 seaters. Sorry.

Bye Bye--General Lee
You are partially right. The 50 seat market is fading away. But the current fleet of efficient 76 seat RJ's currently operated by the DAL feeders will stay around for a while. Anderson will not be parking the 76 seaters anytime soon. Why would he? They are profitable in the right market and routes.

You are partially right. The 50 seat market is fading away. But the current fleet of efficient 76 seat RJ's currently operated by the DAL feeders will stay around for a while. Anderson will not be parking the 76 seaters anytime soon. Why would he? They are profitable in the right market and routes.

So is any plane though

Okay, we'll start with the 50s and 70s. With our company stronger (than pre-BK), expect stronger scope coming up here. We are tired of RJs clogging up the sky.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Nobody at DL would want larger RJs roaming around except management and the BK judge.

Good thing it's the guys like you that are actually running the company, huh?

Okay, we'll start with the 50s and 70s. With our company stronger (than pre-BK), expect stronger scope coming up here. We are tired of RJs clogging up the sky.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You are right. I agree. Way too many RJ's "clogging" up the air. But the puddle jumper/commuter days with props are long gone. The hub and spoke system of an airline network requires smaller aircraft to exist. So it's either a prop or a small jet to complete the job. Delta is getting away from the props so the only alternative is an RJ. With the 50 seaters eventually being phased out, the 76 seater will replace it. There is no getting around flying an aircraft with less than 100 seats. There is a demand for them whether mainline pilots like it or not. The only question is: will the mainline pilots fly them? Probably not.

Perimeter restrictions at LaGuardia are 1500 miles. Saturdays are exempted from the restrictions. Denver was grandfathered in.

DCA perimeter restriction is 1250 miles, with exemptions for Denver, Seattle, Salt Lake, Phoenix and Las Vegas...all with limitations, ie, number of flights, airline etc...(Exemptions were sponsored by John McCain as an aside.)

Hope that helps, though it has nothing to do with the original post.

Last edited:
Good thing it's the guys like you that are actually running the company, huh?

Say what? Do you want more RJs flying around? That means less mainline jobs, and lower pay for the industry. You are a genius.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back