Mesaba getting aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beetle007

Anyone else heard rumors of Mesaba looking at getting some airplanes from another airline? Is this an old rumor or new?

Last edited:
weak effort

new version of an old rumor. The way I heard is they are trying to use the 9 avros and the 10 saabs that are going to be parked for another carrier. I'll believe that when it happens. I can't see big brother letting that happen.

N590MA said:
new version of an old rumor. The way I heard is they are trying to use the 9 avros and the 10 saabs that are going to be parked for another carrier. I'll believe that when it happens. I can't see big brother letting that happen.

Now that has some weight...see I could see Foley sitting in his office..."hmm maybe we could start a cargo operation" Then someone would tap him on the shoulder and say..."um we don't own those aircraft" "thats right ...darn those pilots...o well how is big sky doing?"

xjlifer said:
weak effort

I don't disagree. But sometimes people get in trouble if they are too specific (with very specific info). Sometimes the people who provide the most vague info are the most credibe.

Last edited:
Beetle007 said:
I don't disagree. But sometimes people get in trouble if they are too specific (with very specific info). Sometimes the people who provide the most vague info are the most credibe.

Management.

Why would Mesaba continue to operate only two crjs? They can't be making any money with the costs of keeping them flying. It would be hard to keep any kind of parts inventory for only two aircraft.

The Venture said:
Why would Mesaba continue to operate only two crjs? They can't be making any money with the costs of keeping them flying. It would be hard to keep any kind of parts inventory for only two aircraft.

No one ever accused Mesaba of being a smart airline...makes me think something else has to be in the works. but like I said...our airline is run by idiots.

airmasn said:
No one ever accused Mesaba of being a smart airline...makes me think something else has to be in the works. but like I said...our airline is run by idiots.

Exactly right. Let's let our bread-and-butter airline declare bankruptcy even though they had a 7.4M net profit last year, while our step-child airline hasn't over several years. (ADR to Bigsky pilots).

The Venture said:

Because they determined that the huge sum of money they spent to get the program certified would be wasted if they let the program dissolve. The FAA apparently doesn't like it when you have a program on your certificate but aren't flying the a/c. In addition, they're obviously waiting to see what NWA deals their way since, although the 50 seaters are not profitable, 70s and 90's ( I think) of the CRJ line are. All three are a common type and work well with the CRJ program XJ put together.

MM

Latest resources

Back