• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba getting 15 more CRJ's out of ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
half of those planes are already in atl with peanuckle, not to mention asa was already told the 900s werent coming weeks ago. the cps say that were keeping the extra around for next summer.

makes no sence to furlough then recall. wouldnt surprise me to see comair fold, or get rolled into mesaba.

All 15 operated out of ATL? This combined with the Saabs surely will cut into the ASA/Skywest 80% unless Delta is planning on giving Skywest Inc. more flying...

And what is SkyWest/ASA going to do about it? DEMAND Delta honor the contract...No, they saw what happened to Mesa/Freedom, They will do exactly what 9E did....Renegoitate.

We will see...

BTW anybody notice 9E's wonderful performance numbers after getting the Freedom planes? Delta will get what they pay for...

The planes that ASA was holding out hope ARE going to Mesaba FOR NOW. There were some emotional people in the GO when the word was passed down. Delta doesn't have to honor the 80% number right now since we did not meet the second lowest cost for the three year mark. Word is that ASA will likely meet the goal for the five year mark. Then there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth when these other guys lose their planes to SkyWest Inc.

The planes that ASA was holding out hope ARE going to Mesaba FOR NOW. There were some emotional people in the GO when the word was passed down. Delta doesn't have to honor the 80% number right now since we did not meet the second lowest cost for the three year mark. Word is that ASA will likely meet the goal for the five year mark. Then there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth when these other guys lose their planes to SkyWest Inc.

Tarzan,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 80% was a hard number? There were rumors that SkyWest Inc. was giving Delta relief on that 80%, but if what you're saying is true, then Delta allocated those aircraft based on the DCI agreement not being met? Does that make sense?

Trojan

Maybe ASA still had the offer of 1 for 2 and they want to keep their 2. The 50 seater may be a drag, but it is far from obsolete delta is not going to shrink those to zero. You just might find Skywest Inc. as the lone 50 seat operator.

Latest resources

Back