Mesaba Furlough?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CubanSmoker said:
The funny thing is, that quote is from a frantic passenger/moron that came up to the cockpit asking how in the world an airplane like the Avro can fly. According to her (and she's a "Silver Elite" so she would know) the only way an airplane flies is to go fast and you have to have big wheels to get airborne. Small ones like we had would never be able to spin fast enough to get the airplane to fly.

Who knew?
The captain didn't even acknowledge the question, turned back to me, and asked for the acceptance checklist and I was laughing to hard to read it.

That's great! :)

Other than rumors (which I understand is the basis of a message board like this), has anyone heard any factual statements about the new hires? I was scheduled to be in the Avro class that was suppose to start today which means I'm still sitting in Indiana flight instructing. Is the Oct. 10th date still on? Or is the game just sit and wait for nwa to figure out what they're going to do w/ the airlinks? Its a nice to feeling to have a job on the table, but every day that goes by that I haven't heard anything new, i get the feeling the offer is thiner and thiner.

Let's all get something straight here. NWA is not in charge anymore. Managements may tell us dumb pilots at the three red tail companies otherwise, but the creditors and courts are going to be calling the plays from now on. NWA management admitted and agreed to the fact that they had no business running anything when they filed CH.11.

Thanks, Butters, for the appropriate avatar.

Whyzitsokold said:
so you have pilots for 35 avros and x# sabs + x# crj pilots and you shed 9 avros in a month, how can you not furlough?

Anyone know how many crj guys got hired and are in training? I'm guessing 20? maybe? 9 ARJ = about 90 pilots minus the 20 new guys, then you wouldn't be safe for the first round unless you have 70 people below you. Then comes the next wave.

But of course, this is all speculation. I think we are all screwed. If you are above seniority number 110, then you should leave for another job you really should quicker the better, it's only going to get worse. For those of you below seniority number 110, do as you wish.

dude seriously...
how long have you been in this business? sounds like about 3 or 4 days.
remind me never to look to you for career advice. by now you should know NOTHING IS...UNTIL IT IS.

the union hasnt even been approached yet, youre flipping out over heresay and rumors...

we'll be fine...I promise

airmasn said:
dude seriously...
how long have you been in this business? sounds like about 3 or 4 days.
remind me never to look to you for career advice. by now you should know NOTHING IS...UNTIL IT IS.

the union hasnt even been approached yet, youre flipping out over heresay and rumors...

we'll be fine...I promise

Dude, keep your skirt on. We all don't know exactly how this will play out. I was joking at the end. Ya know, haha??? Now go out and dry your panties.

Last I heard all CRJ training is cancelled for now at Mesaba. Even PNCL is losing 15 CRJ's. I hope this is just an effort by NWA to reduce the Avro leases and that Mesaba will ultimately get to keep all of them.

jetfo said:
Last I heard all CRJ training is cancelled for now at Mesaba. Even PNCL is losing 15 CRJ's. I hope this is just an effort by NWA to reduce the Avro leases and that Mesaba will ultimately get to keep all of them.

I have a friend at 9E and they are taking voluntary furloughs. They must be planning on a reduction for awhile. He must be close to the bottom, he's considering leaving.

filejw said:
One thing to consider .Nwa wants to come out of CH 11 looking like Jet Blue. Having lots of different type A/C is not part of the plan in the long run.

Is that why they ordered the new Boeing airplane adding yet another type? Is that why they gave Mesaba CRJ's giving us a third type.

Yeah, that seems like Northwest's plan alright. Wow, NWA management sure is smart.

For all you guys who haven't been in the industry awhile, this just happened to Mesaba two years ago. It is the standard NWA playbook and its getting old.

1) They didn't furlough

2) They did put Avros in long term storage for awhile

3) They did ask for concessions

4) They didn't get them

5) We still got our planes back

Stay strong, don't take concessions, and stop worrying.

We are on page 3 of the "NWA go F our employees playbook."

jetfo said:
Last I heard all CRJ training is cancelled for now at Mesaba.

Nope. Class was delayed from 10/3 to 10/10. Indoc class that should have started today was cancelled, but not all training is cancelled.

Hey,

Training is still going on at Mesaba. There are 8 of us in Avro class right now finishing up systems and still going to the sims, as of today. The saab class is in the sims and the Crj guys and gals are in class and at the sims right now. Training is just moving things back one week to see whats up. Everything will be alright!

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back