• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Furlough Announcement...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it was something like 80 out of 225.

Yea if I remember right it was around that mark. Though most that did come back were from the group that had been cut later in the process and were only gone from either August or October of 06 (I forget which) to April 07. Most that went out in January or February of 06 didn't come back. But then again there were plenty of other places to go in early 06 too.

Isn't this the third or fourth 'false start' for Mesaba growth?

I have a couple friends there, I'm guessing everyone there is getting tired of this crap.

Isn't this the third or fourth 'false start' for Mesaba growth?

I have a couple friends there, I'm guessing everyone there is getting tired of this crap.

It's been so common, most guys have just gotten used to this being the way things are.....

We (OH) had pilots leaving for Mesaba while Mesaba was hiring, and they all would brag about how quick they were going to upgrade (should not listen to seven). I always thought why would you leave OH south and go to OH north, they were the same airline even before DL,NW merger. BOTH SUCK

yeah for like a couple months we had a good upgrade time. It went from like 7-8 years to upgrade to like nothing. Looks like we are back to normal. Heck I have been on reserve for about 6 years, looks like a few more years for me. Maybe there should be a letter of agreement for the max number of times a pilot can do ready reserve. 10 a month is getting pretty old.

yeah for like a couple months we had a good upgrade time. It went from like 7-8 years to upgrade to like nothing. Looks like we are back to normal. Heck I have been on reserve for about 6 years, looks like a few more years for me. Maybe there should be a letter of agreement for the max number of times a pilot can do ready reserve. 10 a month is getting pretty old.

I've spent all but 4 months on reserve here myself. I understand the pain...
The way things are though you might not have to much longer though it will require a trip back to the right seat. As for the ready reserve... that's something that indeed will have to be looked at in the new contract.

You could get what American Eagle has and get ready reserve for the whole month with 11 days off. Or join me in the charter world and be on call 24/7, it's like ready reserve all day, week, month, year long. LOL. I'll take this 10 day a month crap anytime. None the less though!!! RESERVE SUUUUUCKS!

I did air ambulance for a while and even that wasn't quite as bad as ready reserve is. Close but not quite. Now add in other aspects of that job and company and well it was an easy choice to jump ship just before it sank.

I'll take the ready before a displacement back to fo but we really do need to look at adjusting it some at the next opportunity (if not dump it all together).

The last airline I was at had Ready Reserve lines. From my understanding a large majority of regional airlines have this. Having 10 days of Ready Reserve is not nearly as bad as a whole month of it. It could be a whole lot worse!

Latest resources

Back