Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

Towelie

In its bankruptcy filing, Mesaba President and Chief Operating Officer John Spanjers said Mesaba will use bankruptcy to get "labor costs that will allow it to offer a competitive product to any major airline."

So Spanjers admits that the whole reason for filing Chapter 11 was to stick it to labor and get new contracts.

Well, John, becare what you wish for because you just might get it.

Keep pushing everyone into a corner and you will wind up with no company to restructure.

Towelie said:
In its bankruptcy filing, Mesaba President and Chief Operating Officer John Spanjers said Mesaba will use bankruptcy to get "labor costs that will allow it to offer a competitive product to ANY major airline."

US Air/Amwest here we come! Rrrrrrrrriiiggggghhhhtttt!

Yup its official we will be MESAba when this all done with, and we can't be blamed as a pilot group for lowering the bar, that one goes to the bankruptcy courts.

Towelie said:
In its bankruptcy filing, Mesaba President and Chief Operating Officer John Spanjers said Mesaba will use bankruptcy to get "labor costs that will allow it to offer a competitive product to any major airline."

What product would that be sans ARJ's and CRJ's owned by NWA?

Maybe this is the setup to roll XJ/PCL into one airline or part of the Newco plan?

Hard not think this whole thing is not part of NWA's master plan.

Wow. Holy Shiznit boys! I'm so sorry to hear about this. Mesaba has always been respected as a pilot group. I wish you folks the best. Buckle your belts and make management fight for every penny they try and take from you!

My Job Before One Cent.

By my vote, they won't get a cent. But, it's likely not up to us anymore. I just hope our MEC is hard nosed enough to not take anymore of the 5h1t. This whole deal just seems surreal. It's funny how management was so pleased with "the growth contract" that we settled with but a short time ago. In my book, all this Chapter 11 means is that our senior leadership team, Mr. JS and Mr. BP, etc. have miserably failed to do their part and their jobs. Oh, and Mr. PF, nice job looking for other work with Big Sky. Instead of the rank and file hitting the street, our leaders should be ousted.

MM

How can there be a smoking gun, when Mesaba bans guns on the premises?

Hey Fly4hire,

I see from your background, it looks like you never had the pleasure of being a "regional guy" - forgive me if I'm wrong.
You talk like you OWN NWA! Like you're the reason for it's success!!
You and your kind better dispense with the B.S , because YOUR leaders are up to something with OUR leaders (misnomer, considering their lack of leadership) and it's not going to be pretty for any of us!!!!!!!!!!
Just remember, like us...........YOU can be replaced!!

Rossa said:
Hey Fly4hire,

Just remember, like us...........YOU can be replaced!!

There is no question that HIS management is tyring to replace him as fast as possible. When our growth contract becomes our concessionary contract, we will be right there, competitive to take over the 100-150 seat flying.

Latest resources

Back