Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Airlines Suck!

Ref: 9E MEM meeting

Our Meeting was with the VP of FLT OPS, CEO, and Co. They wanted us to resign our existing contract so we could continue the same cost structure. Our MEC said no way and now management broke off negotiations until Dec. S.H.*.T. Storm headed our way too. PCL is facing a cash crisis too. CH 11 probably isn't an option for us. We don't have anything to restructure!

MEM Meeting

Why has there been no communications regarding Tuesdays meeting in MEM? Why am I just reading about it now? Sorry to hijack the thread.

SRMairlines said:
PCL is facing a cash crisis too. CH 11 probably isn't an option for us. We don't have anything to restructure!

And Mesaba does?

I'm not saying that to be smart. I just don't understand how a company that doesn't control its own business model other than labor can file chapter 11 since you have to have a restructuring plan.

Sounds like the Waterboy: "In.. in... in... in... instead of flying what Northwest gives us, we're gon... gon... gon... gonna fly what Northwest gives us."

Pinnacle boys, good luck. I have a sick feeling this s***storm is rolling south.

Butters said:
And Mesaba does?

I'm not saying that to be smart. I just don't understand how a company that doesn't control its own business model other than labor can file chapter 11 since you have to have a restructuring plan.

Sounds like the Waterboy: "In.. in... in... in... instead of flying what Northwest gives us, we're gon... gon... gon... gonna fly what Northwest gives us."

I'm sure if management could have it their way, they'd have reserve pilots driving the Spectrum Shuttle! I can see it now..... line#666 ,Pairing M1234......MILL-HUB, HUB-MILL, MILL-HUB..., Would we still get block or better?

cougarx530 said:
I'm sure if management could have it their way, they'd have reserve pilots driving the Spectrum Shuttle! I can see it now..... line#666 ,Pairing M1234......MILL-HUB, HUB-MILL, MILL-HUB..., Would we still get block or better?

Instead of "MILL", it's "MEL". As if it will matter.

NEWSOUTH said:
Why has there been no communications regarding Tuesdays meeting in MEM? Why am I just reading about it now? Sorry to hijack the thread.
The information is being put together and you'll receive a full summary of the goings-on by early next week. The short version: a meeting took place with upper management where they read straight out of the doom and gloom playbook. The next day, management broke off negotiations until December 6th.

Are NWA paying you guys anything?
How do you plan on making it to December, based on the grim financial info. you guys have posted on this board?
Either you get on the Chpt 11 boat now or plan on the Chpt 7 raft later!

Latest resources

Back