• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba-ba=?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA could come up with the numbers very easily. Maybe take a payrate somewhere between average and industry leading. Then every time a pilot group has a contract come due; here are your payrates management..... You'd think it would take 6 years max for an industry wide phase-in.

I do realize that's an awfully simplistic view though.

On the todays front page of the St. Cloud Times there is an artical on Mesaba. Near the end of the artical I found it funny what Doug Steenland says. "Northwest Chief Executive Doug Steenland said last week that the airline has made preparations for getting Mesaba passengers to their destination if the airline's workers strike. He won't be able to count on the pilots from his airline." I guess im wondering if Steenland has the Fu&king balls to even think about dreaming of NWA pilots flying struck work for XJ..Even without ALPA maybe he doesnt realize that there are ******************** loads of former XJ's at NW. That have a soft spot for Mesaba...

Anyway, as a Pinnacle pilot, You have my full support....Give em HELL.

Regardless of what Doug would like to do, you have to face the fact that NW has their own, home grown, pilot shortage developing as we speak. From what I've heard, they don't have the pilots, let alone, the aircraft to pick up where Mesaba leaves off...

I appreciate the fact that so many Pinnacle guys are offering support for those at Mesaba, however, where is their MEC? Are they willing to do what NW MEC did in regards to flying struck work???

Regardless of what Doug would like to do, you have to face the fact that NW has their own, home grown, pilot shortage developing as we speak. From what I've heard, they don't have the pilots, let alone, the aircraft to pick up where Mesaba leaves off...

This is very true!!! I've heard that NW is canceling DC9 flights all the time and is trying to hide the fact that they are really low on 9 fo's. Also recalling there only getting 1 in 8 to come back. Heard this from the Vice chairmen of the MEC for NW when he was upfront with us.

I'd bet what Doug is talking about is a short term bus service contract. Think of how cheap it would be to charter a bus to Eau Claire, Toledo, Duluth, Fort Wayne, etc. vs. flying a Saab. It sounds like a great way to make money too. $350 for a bus pass!

The only carrier right now that would be able to perform the struck work of mesaba is skywest. It also would be a real bummer to wind up on the "true" scab list over a regional airline.

I appreciate the fact that so many Pinnacle guys are offering support for those at Mesaba, however, where is their MEC? Are they willing to do what NW MEC did in regards to flying struck work???

I think our MEC is doing a great job!!

It also would be a real bummer to wind up on the "true" scab list over a regional airline.

Please explain how that would be any worse of a scab list than if it were over a major airline. Please explain.

Latest resources

Back