• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba-ba=?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Either that, or at every intersection, stop and inform ground that someone has gotten up and you have to wait for them to return to their seat. You know, XJ has always said that safety is #1(Right behind profits, if I remember correctly).

I have to say that I'm not a fan of tying things up on the ground. All that does is piss off the ground controller. I'd much rather get her in the air and then fake the rudder limit problem. Today we actually flew a rudder limited ship and did 180. Tomorrow, we might not need that excuse.

MM

Flew Masaba today.

What gives? Sat at the gate, with one engine running, for 35 minutes. The captain said that they were waiting for Weight and Balance #'s. FOR 35 MINUTES!!!

Whip out the wiz wheel and lets go...your gutting into my drinking time!!!!

JJet,

That's how it used to be. Any FO with 1 month experience could whip out a manual weight and balance in literally seconds. Today, we're not to do it manually if the automated system is working. Typically the delays are in the 5 minute range, but every once in a while it goes way deeper. Sometimes it results in boondoggling for bucks at the gate.

MM

How about M.194? Fly everywhere Vref-ish.

It's easy to put the blame on mainline pilots for "bending over", however, what could they have gained by not "bending over"? - YPF

And there you have it folks - it's ok for mainline pilots to bend over but as soon as anyone else bends over as their perceived way out of a tight spot they are accused of selling out the industry. Of making it tougher on the mainline pilots. We - the regional pilots of the world are supposed to stand up for the mainline pilots because, no surprise here, they can't and won't stand up for themselves. In YPF's words, "what could they have gained by not "bending over"."

You want a plan for restoring your 1999 concessions - how about you walk off your job when we walk off of ours? Show some support that means more than just a resolution not to fly struck work to Devil's Lake, Brainard or Fort Dodge.

Latest resources

Back