Mesaba Airlines Poised for Massive Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But back to that article in the AJC.

What is the "Bad Lift" they are referring to? Just Mesa/Freedom??? They originally were going to terminate Pinnacle for performance, but since retracted that. So, who else is there? The Freedom is old news and is being challenged in court. I don't think it is RAH, they are at the top of performance, although I can't speak for the cost of that operation. I'm sure they don't consider Skywest 'bad lift'. This leaves Comair and ASA. Comair is a Wholly Owned subsidiary of Delta, so if they are referring to Comair, they do have some control over that product. So. who is the lift provider that Delta is looking to axe from the portfolio?

I think ASA/Skywest is considered one company, because Republic has Shuttle and Chickentaco

But why would you consider ASA to be bad lift? Outside of JFK, ATL is the most prone to delays and other issues. If a great majority of our flights weren't out of ATL then we'd be way better on the performance list, which we usually do pretty well on as is.

I never said I do! I think what we do is remarkable in and out of ATL and the constant challenges of working with that set of ramp crews, caterers, gate, etc...

In fact, what I am wondering is if Delta is indeed impressed and pleased with our recent performance, and REP/CHQ, SKYW, and Pinnacle are considered to be good, who does that leave that the article infers will be cut as "Bad Lift" providers? Comair is the only other one, but I have never heard that they are considered poor performers by Delta.

So.......Who is Delta looking to cut?

PS. My guess is nobody.

One thing is for certain. Mesaba pilots don't want any flying that is in hard contract for someone else. Like ASA's 80%.

Mesaba's union did an awesome job with the scope letter we had against MAIR for our Scoped flying. Specifically looking at the BS they tried with Big Sky. In "my opinion" if it wasn't for that well written letter (that many said wasn't worth the paper it was written on) Mesaba would have a hand full of Saabs and that is it. There was one intent with the purchase of Big Sky. To destroy Mesaba with it. After the dust settled, Mesaba Airlines was the only thing left standing. Again "in my opinion and the reson I voted yes on that contract" that scope letter was all that saved us.

As a former Mesaba pilot I believe Mesaba pilots understand you have your 80 percent you fought for. Mesaba pilots don't want to take it. The only interest would be where there is room.

Thread should read...

Mesaba Airlines (Pilots Heads) Poised for Massive Growth

Seriously though, you got a lot of good people there who were served a $h*t sandwich there in 2005. Best of luck, and enjoy it while it lasts.

honestly, is someone going to stay at a regional for 20 years? no. who cares about the 20 year rates

honestly, is someone going to stay at a regional for 20 years? no. who cares about the 20 year rates

Must be a new guy.

Must be a new guy.

Most don't have to stay in the regionals beyond 10 years. Once you get someone who's been there longer than that...there's either a history of violations or other family issues. On occassion you find someone who just wants to stay- but that is rare.

Most don't have to stay in the regionals beyond 10 years. Once you get someone who's been there longer than that...there's either a history of violations or other family issues. On occassion you find someone who just wants to stay- but that is rare.

At Mesaba there are 235 pilots with 10+ years of seniority. Most of whom, apparently, have a history of violations.

Don't look now, but you ignorance is showing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back