• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba "9" Drivers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know for a fact they were putting the applicants with experience into the SAAB. The low flight timers were put into the CRJ. 1) It's idiot proof compared to SAAB. In other words yes you CRJ guys were the "choosen", choosen to fly the airplane you most likely could handle with your experience. IE not the SAAB. 2) With more experience they'll be upgrading sooner. To reduce future issues keep them in the same airplane that they will upgrade in.

The backward shouldboards were a few Dash 8 pilots from back in the day. Interesting how a rumor trancends into a new fleet. The majority of our new hires seem to be from UND. The riddle rant doesn't hold weight here.

The payscale was forced during ch11. With snapbacks it will return close to original book in December. I got over 22k dropped into my 401K out of that Ch11. We ate it in the hourly rate but got the money back in other ways.

Try the following statement...

"I wasn't put into the (insert turboprop name), because they didn't think I could fly the RJ.

They put you into the RJ, because they didn't think you could fly the (insert turboprop name)."

Lets admit it, you're not a real man unless you have experienced variable bottom governing.

It's all about the torque motor, man. Gotta keep those AC gens online!

Back on Cape Cod when 95% of the flying we did was in C-172s, when we had to take up the Apache on a sight-see ride, we'd say we were taking up, "The Heavy."

MM

Long Live the SAAB!

Lets admit it, you're not a real man unless you have experienced variable bottom governing.

Nice!, or a V1 cut with a negative autocoursen (sim land, but I still almost screamed like a little girl).

When I was a new hire in 04 everyone had a hardon for the Avro, my class went 50/50, I got the SAAB and as a result made $4000 more than everyone in the Avro the first year, got back to Msp about 8 months sooner had a better schedule, and had 2000 hours in the aircraft I upgraded in. I always laughed at the people who had been in the Avro as a FO for 7-8 years so they wouldn't have to lower themselves and fly the Saab. guess what... the Avro went away and they wound in the Saab anyway.

Saab and the weather we fly it in makes for some interesting days at work.

It's all about the torque motor, man. Gotta keep those AC gens online!

Back on Cape Cod when 95% of the flying we did was in C-172s, when we had to take up the Apache on a sight-see ride, we'd say we were taking up, "The Heavy."

MM

Long Live the SAAB!

That is just sad my brother

Or understand it!! PFM to me still to this day. Something about a tourque tube, holes and oil. Any FO on the 900, take note. The only people that can talk Saab Trash are the ones that have flown it!!!! Get it!

It is like my ex-wife. I may talk sh!t about her, but if you talk sh!t about her I am going to beat some arse.

Something about a tourque tube, holes and oil.

Not something. No. It's all about torque tubes, holes, and oil!

;)

Back to the Dasholes, they're everywhere, but in different forms.

At my new (and improved) stomping ground, you replace "Dash" with "-200" and you've got the same idea.

"Ah, the -200. That thing could stop blah blah blah."

"On the -200 we never used the engines except for takeoff. And then it was usally just one! And then we'd glide all the way to Iqqalikiaqiiqq and deadstick the landing."

Latest resources

Back