Mesa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be as one.......

For those of you that want management to listen~ you have to be as one, you can't get anything done if you're not 100% in agreement. Years ago when I was flying we had the same problem, so we decided that on one particular day everybody was going to be late whether it was pushing back from the gate and pulling back up pretending there was something wrong (which was the number one choice) just to get pushed back again or everyone throttling back or taxi really slow after landing to make it late. Trust me if everyone did this on the same day someone WILL take notice they sure did with us. I know there will be some sack of nuts on here saying he needs to feed his family but so does everyone else, just go with the plan and they will pay attention. We had some guys that wanted to get totally drastic and do a total sit out~ meaning NO pilot came to work, that would have been brutal but they would have totally got the point.

Whatever you do be as one and it will work.

We all are overlooking the obvious that MESA SUCKS!

Don't let anyone brainwash you into thinking other. We all have our little stories so you know it's true.

Phoenix, Jan. 12/ ap 0900am.

Mesa Airlines to cut costs

The management team at one of the largest regional airlines in the U.S. announced a new program to help cut costs by reducing the size of their aircraft lavatory tanks. Company officials say that reducing the size of the tanks could produce a significant cost savings.

The company has figured that even though the load factors have increased on the company's 50 to 90 jets, not as many people are sh$tting on Mesa."Basically, in oppostion to public opinion, we're not full of sh$t" said a company representative. A representative of the airline's pilot union begged to differ. "Oh no, we've known for a long time that they are full of sh$t."

Some have questioned the decision saying that the benefits don't outweigh the risks.The company took extensive statistics and saw that a large number of passengers sleep instead of eating, drinking and going to the bathroom. When asked if they had a contingency plan in case more people decide to wake up and sh$t on Mesa, a company representative said " We have decided to issue emergency sh$t bags to the first officers to hand out and collect should such an event occur". A representative of the pilot group replied " once again, they're going to leave us holding the bag".

In a related note, the ACLU has been complaining for some time about the lack of feminine hygeine products on board passenger aircraft after the recent TSA restrictions on fluid items brought on board. The company has said they are taking ground breaking steps by providing emergency d@@sh bags on every aircraft they operate.

A representative from the pilot group said "This is unbelievable, so remember, every time you see a Mesa plane, it's the sh$t bags and d@@sh bags from management that keep this airline running the way it is."

Last edited:
Mesa sucks like every other regional. Some of our work rules are outdated, especially being paid just block. That's great if you're based out west like PHX but out east it has been a mess. Think of weather days flying in and out of EWR, PHL, JFK, LGA, BWI, IAD. That gives me grief. Our per diem is near the bottom and days off on reserve is non existent with eight days off per 28 day bid period.

We have a lot of problems that I feel will be corrected during contract negotiations. I trust the new union representatives at MAG and most especially the new ALPA leadership. Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid but I think brighter days are ahead. Guys are honestly pissed, people are making lateral moves and less than 40% of pilots on the roster where on the property for the last contract negotiation.

On a side note, I was hire in the summer of 2004. Upgraded early 2006 and made $55K last year even though I spent half the year in training. Oh, by the way...I am closer to my 1300 hours than any of my friends who got hired at the same time. They are all still sitting in the right seat making $30K a year. Of 11 friends who left school with me at the same time, only one has upgraded recently, and he was hired at chatauqua about the same time.

Now, don't take this as an endorsement of the crappy contract and management's constant rein of terror on the union groups at Mesa. It is only my attempt to show a few pluses and negatives of Mesa. I have friends at just about every regional out there and they all complain about the same things, except for SLASH at skywest who loves everything about the place. Hey, I am happy for you bro.

Enough for now, fly safe.

Last edited:
Mesa sucks....

On a side note, I was hire in the summer of 2004. Upgraded early 2006 and made $55K last year even though I spent half the year in training. Oh, by the way...I am closer to my 1300 hours than any of my friends who got hired at the same time. They are all still sitting in the right seat making $30K a year. Of 11 friends who left school with me at the same time, only one has upgraded recently, and he was hired at chatauqua about the same time.

You got the first part right. Not trying to make you feel bad for working there.....just remember that parole is not far off for you. Good luck with the SWA thing. Just don't get strapped into the AFM.

Don't come here. Just don't.

Three factors.
1. The management team will not change their ways, regardles of the contract. They are out of their league and in big trouble as it is right now. There is a total lack of ethics as well, and it is systemic.(This includes illegal practices by Flight Ops, Scheduling and MX)

2. Financial woes are on the horizon, we will not be getting any new flying, if Delta does not give us some of the RFP flying you can consider us done for expansion.

3. No contract on the radar untill 2010 at the earliest. It's gonna get bloody.

4. Current contract blows. Every captain I've flown with has told me to leave. We share a crew room and I was talking with some Republic guys, one of them straght up told me in the elevator when we were alone ,to leave, because he felt sorry for me. Direct quote, "Son, you're too young to have a heart attack. I can tell you're a good guy, you need to get out of there, soon. We have problems over here, but believe me, my worst day is about your best day here."

This was just a random Captain. We hadn't even been talking. But after hearing just one of my many stories from my reserve tour of duty at MAG he could tell how bad we have it here. And it is bad.

4. Skywest has hot FA's.

As for JRMANNED, I realize that you are just a flamer, but can't you just go to the FlightSim2004 message board. Bring up some facts, not inflamattory accusations and then we'll talk. Otherwise shove it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back