• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to furlough approximately 150

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
$1 trillion is the generally accepted number for the all-in cost even if we were to start withdrawing right now. I don't know where he got $3 trillion from, but I doubt we'll get out with less than $1.5 trillion unless a withdrawal is begun almost immediately after the next president takes office.

My take on Iraq is that if we succeed and it somehow becomes an anchor for stability in the region it will have been worth doing.

As far as the cost of the Iraq war goes, I always wonder how that is measured. The wages paid to the military members over there for the most part gets spent back here at home where their families are living. The military weapons/equipment are produced here in the US by our military industrial base which creates jobs and stimulates our economy.

I guess my point is that the true financial cost may not be as large as it seems. I don't think we have increased the size of our military (and therefore the cost of their pay has not increased), and weapon systems and equipment tend to become obsolete and need to be replaced whether they are used or not.

The true cost of the Iraq war needs to be measured in terms of the lives lost by our service members and the strategic and security interests of our nation. Most of the military service members I talk to think it has been worth doing.

What does "concieve" mean?

(Spelling errors = ok. Spelling errors while implying someone smarter than you is an idiot = not ok)

Doh!

"i before e, except after c, or when sounded like ayyy, as in neighbor or weigh" . . .

O yeh, theirs always won in the mix.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back