Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
saviboy said:
Hi.
I am not trying to start a war here but I was just wondering why Mesa has such a bad reputation? From what I read, poeple often talk about the wages. I was comparing the payscales between Mesa and PSA and they are not much different. So why PSA is not getting bashed as Mesa is?
This is not a flame bait just an honest question.

Because MESA's rates were/are so low that every other management in the US has now used the threat of outsourcing to MESA if the pilot group does not take concessions. And the result? look at all the code shares MESA has.

omg...people really really really really really hate mesa... I mean the other day i was doing a leg from ord to sbn and my captain would let a captain from mesa jumpseat on our plane. I mean there were seats in the back of the plane and my captain told the lady she couldnt ride on the airplane... And when she asked if we were weight retricted.

Here is even the the scarier part. After there was some argument between this lady and my captain. My captain actually had the nerve to tell this lady that the reason why nobody makes any money in this industry is because of mesa airlines.

And without even skipping a beat hey just turned his had a walked away.

See, that's crap! Mesa sucks a big one, but you DO NOT use jumpseat as a weapon in this fight. I hope someone pulls this captain aside and sets him straight because there is no reason for this.

Jumpseating is a professional courtesy that many depend on. For all you know, next time you need a ride, you'll run into this lady Mesa captain who will tell you to take a hike, all on account of that jerk captain.

This is a very small industry... better set that jerk straight.

rogerdoger said:
omg...people really really really really really hate mesa... I mean the other day i was doing a leg from ord to sbn and my captain would let a captain from mesa jumpseat on our plane. I mean there were seats in the back of the plane and my captain told the lady she couldnt ride on the airplane... And when she asked if we were weight retricted.

Here is even the the scarier part. After there was some argument between this lady and my captain. My captain actually had the nerve to tell this lady that the reason why nobody makes any money in this industry is because of mesa airlines.

And without even skipping a beat hey just turned his had a walked away.

dwhsunday...hmmmm...dwhsunday....that name really, really sounds familiar. Where do I remember that name from? Hmmmmm...

Oh yeah...THAT'S IT!

Care to remind us all why you're so bitter at Mesa dwhsunday? Seems like you were really interested in working here at one point in time. Or was that did work here...for a time.

Not bitter at all for being fired on the first day. It was the best thing that could have happened to me. You even said your self in other posts not to work for Mesa, the funny thing you still remember me. Your sister says hi.

RobCat said:
I happen to know a quite a few Mesa pilots most are very professional, ok they do have a few randoms but don't we all.
Instead of us ripping the S__t out of each other, why don't we all stand together. Tell the managers and our MEC's thats enough is enough this is all there getting. Maybe then they'll realize that cutting labor cost isn't the only way to increase profit. They may have to be creative to create more revenue, after all they are managers. For them to do this we ALL as a collective group (pilot group) have to fix the cost of labor.
Anyone think this is possible?

No.....Now what's your next question?

PHXFLYR:cool:

mnalpha said:
like some fat chick that no one wants to fvck, untill they are drunk.

Why dont you guys grow a ball sack and fix the sh|t you have done to everyone. your MEC are a bunch of greencard fags, and you guys dont have the balls to replace them. how many pay cuts, and jobs are you willing to cost others to fly a throwaway jet?!!

do something about what you have done, or forever be known as the lightningrod of poverty and sellouts.

you started the race to the bottom......JERKS

AMEN!!!!

I have to go now, JO says it's time for all of us to drink the Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
I know a lot of you guys don’t like Mesa, but I always wonder, what do you guys say to the Mesa pilots when you are trying jump seat on a Mesa flight? Personally I haven’t jump seated on Mesa yet, but with their aggressive growth rate, I think I might have to in the near future.

ubpilot said:
I know a lot of you guys don’t like Mesa, but I always wonder, what do you guys say to the Mesa pilots when you are trying jump seat on a Mesa flight? Personally I haven’t jump seated on Mesa yet, but with their aggressive growth rate, I think I might have to in the near future.

I have jumpseated on Mesa quite a bit. Every time the run the ORD-CLT flight I normally have to occupy the Jumpseat. You don't have to worry about saying anything to the about the company, they will do that for you. The btch more than non Mesa Pilots.

Latest resources

Back