• Watchers 29

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Truth and Boiler Up....

Education and pragmatic application are the way to go. It is my mantra. Get informed and look in the mirror. Only then will we be able to effect any type of change....

I'm always amused when fellow commuter pilots bash Mesa Airlines and its pilots. ALL THE REGIONALS SUCK, boys and girls, in the grand scheme of things. I've worked at three of them, and as they have grown into bigger, more sophisticated equipment they've become an ever more dangerous cancer to our careers.

Bashing Mesa is like comparing apples to oranges and then saying "man, those tangerines are the WORST!" They are just the worst of the worst, but I don't think any career regional pilot has a lot to smile about when he looks at what his wages are compared to what they should be, historically speaking.

Halo_RJdriver said:
mesa does have some sweet company jackets though. hell my flight school jacket kicks ARSE over any mesa uniform i have seen. Get some dignity.

:) GOtta love dim jackets

BlackPilot628 said:
:) GOtta love dim jackets

I will say the Mesa windbreaker jacket is the worst.

Mesa pilots--- What is the deal? Inform us as to why you wear these jackets. From the outside they look cheap, unprofessional and embarrassing.

Not everyone in the pilot group wears those windbreakers. Most you will find in PHX flying for HP. They do make the pilot group look cheap and tacky. Those on the east coast wear the leather jacket, trenchcoat or blazer.

SL

Rez O. Lewshun said:
I will say the Mesa windbreaker jacket is the worst.

Mesa pilots--- What is the deal? Inform us as to why you wear these jackets. From the outside they look cheap, unprofessional and embarrassing.

Couldn't agree more. Wish I could stop my fellow pilots from wearing them. I agree it is mostly a PHX thing. I wish they would leave them there. -Bean

I see those Windbreakers all the time in ORD and Brown leather jackets.

Last edited:
Ditto on the "Barney" jacket...it defines cheesy. Mesa needs to be more strict, to say the least, on adhering to its "Uniform 101" code. I'm appauled by what I see from my bretheren...cotton Dockers, black Reebok tennis shoes, and every color and style of (unapproved) jacket there is. Pathetic. I don't care if the company isn't strict on what you wear, show some pride and professionalism in how you look and dress.

Earl Williams said:
Ditto on the "Barney" jacket...it defines cheesy. Mesa needs to be more strict, to say the least, on adhering to its "Uniform 101" code. I'm appauled by what I see from my bretheren...cotton Dockers, black Reebok tennis shoes, and every color and style of (unapproved) jacket there is. Pathetic. I don't care if the company isn't strict on what you wear, show some pride and professionalism in how you look and dress.

Well said.

Mesa has a great pilot group and there is no dying that; but I agree with Earl. At least take some pride in the uniforms. Come together and decide monist yourselves what you can do to improve your image.
Maybe your pilot chairman can help head that up.
Wear your dress coat (or leather jacket) buttoned up, hat, nice dress shoes, and drop the "Sporty's" pilot shop flight bag.

BlackPilot628 said:
Well said.

Mesa has a great pilot group and there is no dying that; but I agree with Earl. At least take some pride in the uniforms. Come together and decide monist yourselves what you can do to improve your image.
Maybe your pilot chairman can help head that up.
Wear your dress coat (or leather jacket) buttoned up, hat, nice dress shoes, and drop the "Sporty's" pilot shop flight bag.

I love the "blanket" statements made by you clowns. 1800 pilots and i'm sure that every single one of them can't dress without mommy. Grow up, get laid and worry about that little "bump" down there.

FYI, i spend most of my time checking out the ladies in CLT, MCO, AUS, PHL....not the pilots.

Latest resources

Back