Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johndog

I'm looking for feedback from folks at other Regionals on;

1. Min days, line holder/reserve and monthly average.
2. Block or better and how it works at your airline.
3. Line Guarantee and how it works at your airline.
4. Average line value.
5. Work rules duty and trip and how it works at your airline.
6. PBS and how it works at your airline.

We are in the middle of our roadshow process and only a few weeks from a vote. Most of the pilots I speak to are very disappointed with what we have negotiated. For folks that now the answers to the above questions and would like to share, Thanks.

Mesa is a sinking ship. Why not jump ship and go to Mesaba while they're still hiring. Your stock is going to be delisted in just over a month and the whole company gone by Spring/Summer '09. So what if you get a new contract? It's not going to last that long anyway.

MESA SUCKS.

eP.

I'm looking for feedback from folks at other Regionals on;

1. Min days, line holder/reserve and monthly average.
2. Block or better and how it works at your airline.
3. Line Guarantee and how it works at your airline.
4. Average line value.
5. Work rules duty and trip and how it works at your airline.
6. PBS and how it works at your airline.

We are in the middle of our roadshow process and only a few weeks from a vote. Most of the pilots I speak to are very disappointed with what we have negotiated. For folks that now the answers to the above questions and would like to share, Thanks.

Good Luck, I think anything is better then what you guys currently have.

Block or Better and getting paid for cancelled trips is gonna be nice for you folks. Hopefully min. days off will be 12 (wish we had 12). Line guarantee is very good to have also.

I know people will continue to bash Mesa, but getting a contract that is industry Avg. will help a bunch.

Good Luck

Mesa is a sinking ship. Why not jump ship and go to Mesaba while they're still hiring. Your stock is going to be delisted in just over a month and the whole company gone by Spring/Summer '09. So what if you get a new contract? It's not going to last that long anyway.

MESA SUCKS.

eP.

Well it wouldn't be smart for him to go to Mesaba when he is already a CA on the ERJ in JFK

My Best advice is to go to the Roadshows and participate on the conference calls. Ask your questions and educate yourself on the TA. There is a lot of crap being thrown around about the TA thats is misunderstood. Ive read it and it looks like a loaded gun with a hair trigger. But educating yourself is one of the best things I've done. Ive still got more questions to ask and plan on attending more road shows

I think the best question to ask is how can anyone even possible entertain the idea of frozen payrates for the next four years (at least) when your current rates are already far below the bottom of the industry.

The better question is why ALPA thinks this is a good TA. Without Freedom looming in on them there's no reason why they can't get it right this time. Frankly it's sad to see how little we receive in return for 2% sometimes.

Bring the entire contract to an arbitrator and for once use the industry average to pull yourself up instead of down. I can't count the number of times I've heard Eagle can't get something because it's not "industry standard". What's to stop Mesa from getting block or better or line guarantee if everyone else has it, and not losing anything to get it?

Last edited:
Bird in hand. the Mesa guys should take this deal and spend the next two years focusing on the next round of negotiations.

Bird in hand. the Mesa guys should take this deal and spend the next two years focusing on the next round of negotiations.

They will have plenty of time to 'focus' on a new deal because if accepted, this will reset the RLA clock and you're looking at 5 years or so before a new contract would be implemented.

What have they been doing the past two years?

Accepting this will only put them another 8-10% behind the industry when it comes time to negotiate again.

Let me add another contract fact that I have learned at a previous airline.

113C. code of bankruptcy.

Basically they can sign something with you guys and then impose whatever contract they wish when under bankruptcy protection. Fun stuff....

Latest resources

Back