• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailey3083

I'm Not Hiding
Mesa Airlines Supports Illegal Alien Amnesty

Phoenix Tribune
May 23, 2007, Phoenix, AZ

Mesa Airlines today announced support for the recent US Senate bill, Secure Borders, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Reform Act of 2007. The President and CEO of Mesa Airlines, Johnathan Ornstein, stated that Mesa Airlines is welcoming the new labor force to assist the crippled US economy. “We just can’t find any cheap labor these days,” Ornstein stated over a telephone interview. “Because of the costs attributed to highly compensated regional pilots, we have begun to look at our friends across the Southern border for labor assistance.” Ornstein stated that the illegal immigration problem, and the Senate’s proposed amnesty bill, could be partly rectified by employers willing to take the new labor force onto their payrolls. “All airlines in the US, including Mesa, have trouble filling the seats demanded by our growing industry, despite the high pay. As a result, we are well positioned to accept Guest Workers who are awarded a ‘Z Visa’ under the new bill.”

Under Ornstein’s plan, Mesa would recruit Mexican laborers with legal work status in the United States, train them at Mesa’s privately held Mesa Pilot Development Program flight school, and place them as copilots on Mesa’s regional jet aircraft in service for USAirways, America West, and United Airlines. Ornstein asserts that it’s a win-win situation for everyone, claiming that Mesa can fill the vacant pilot seats and the laborers can earn a remarkable living, all the while easing the strains on US migrant worker force.

“We even have the ability to compensate the pilots with pesos,” Ornstein asserts, claiming that the funds can be deposited directly into Mexican bank accounts, thereby providing maximum benefit to the Guest Worker’s family and the American taxpayer. “Plus,” Ornstein adds, “flight safety will be improved because the migrant workers are used to working with their hands, so they’ll make an easy transition to the cockpit.”

The Mesa Airlines plan still requires approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission, as well as a nod from the Department of Labor. “We have high-end contacts at both of those government agencies,” Ornstein boasts,” so we won’t have a problem getting approval. Vaya con Mesa!”

Translated, “vaya con mesa,” means “Go with Mesa,” a tongue-in-cheek reference to Mesa’s Hawaiian inter-island operation, suggesting perhaps that the Guest Workers may also be attending luaus on Waikiki Beach in the months ahead.

Is this a joke? this can't be real? Would Johnny O stoop this low?

lol...

Nice article. I'm bored stuck in the hotel too, Im just too lazy to write an article.

Part about the highly compensated regional pilots was the best.

Whoa

Definitely a trend waiting to happen. Was only a matter of time. At least it makes Taco Bell a more competitive place to work while the even cheaper laborers absorb all of our job sponge. I am sure they will start requiring some form of education or even a four year degree to make that chalupa. I am anxious to see if JerkinOff will offer a different pay scale as legally it has to be the same based on the workman's anti discriminatory clause found in todays business workforce. I've done a paper on this during my MBA and its not good for the economy nor is it good for the U.S. people. I am anxious to see what happens with this proposal of your J/O king. Things that make ya go hmmm

Lets see so J.O. is basically taking money out of the US economy and transferring it to Mexico. How is this a win-win situation for everyone? Mr. J.O. could you please explain this before you do something stupid out of desperation.

Lets see so J.O. is basically taking money out of the US economy and transferring it to Mexico. How is this a win-win situation for everyone? Mr. J.O. could you please explain this before you do something stupid out of desperation.
you knucklehead ! That was a joke, not for real ! Lol I have ocean front property to sell you in Arizona too. lol

Latest resources

Back