mesa sucks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
titans10 said:
Flew on mesa today , Over an 1.5hours late out of CLT. The flight attendants were rude. Part of the delay was the flight crew could not load the flight plan into the fms. No wonder the low pay for mesa and the regionals.

How would you know about the problem loading the flight plan?
Let me guess you were part of the flight crew on this flight.

Bryan D said:
How would you know about the problem loading the flight plan?
Let me guess you were part of the flight crew on this flight.

no that was there pa announcement to us. I did fly psa the same day. Only left 10min late on that one

I'd like to know how many of these anti-mesaites are NOT newby FOs?

I ask because after awhile you'll learn some things about this industry, and won't be so juvenile as to blame and hate your fellow pilots for things in your life that are not some other pilot's fault.

In the meanwhile I suggest you all read "Flying the Line" by Geoge E Hopkins for a little historical perspective to compensate for your lack of experience.

A quote from the book, remarks by Dave Behnecke from the 1934 issue of "The Airline Pilot":

"In airline piloting there as been a great deal of undue criticism and friction between pilots working for different companies. Recently a pilot made the remark to me that the pilots of one company could not work for another company because they were not capable. This pilot had no reason to run down these pilots. Some of us seem to have the idea that we are a little bit better than any other pilot because we happen to be working for a certain airline or flying a certain airplane.
This is entirely wrong. We will accomplish a great deal more and have a stronger and finer organization in ALPA if each pilot will work with and help other pilots, rather than create a lot of petty jealousy amongst ourselves."

In other words stop being part of the problem and playing into managment's hand by fostering division among us, and be part of the solution of strength in unity to improve our profession.

Ive never flamed mesa before, but after talking to a mesa captain the other day, I can say that place must blow. Why would anyone with a shred of self respect stay there past one day. That MAPD is brilliant by their shady ceo. Taking naive 250 hour whores and dangling shiny carrots in front of their eyes in exchange for giving their life to crew scheduling.

Last edited:
El Ocho said:
I'd like to know how many of these anti-mesaites are NOT newby FOs?

I ask because after awhile you'll learn some things about this industry, and won't be so juvenile as to blame and hate your fellow pilots for things in your life that are not some other pilot's fault.

In the meanwhile I suggest you all read "Flying the Line" by Geoge E Hopkins for a little historical perspective to compensate for your lack of experience.

A quote from the book, remarks by Dave Behnecke from the 1934 issue of "The Airline Pilot":

"In airline piloting there as been a great deal of undue criticism and friction between pilots working for different companies. Recently a pilot made the remark to me that the pilots of one company could not work for another company because they were not capable. This pilot had no reason to run down these pilots. Some of us seem to have the idea that we are a little bit better than any other pilot because we happen to be working for a certain airline or flying a certain airplane.
This is entirely wrong. We will accomplish a great deal more and have a stronger and finer organization in ALPA if each pilot will work with and help other pilots, rather than create a lot of petty jealousy amongst ourselves."

In other words stop being part of the problem and playing into managment's hand by fostering division among us, and be part of the solution of strength in unity to improve our profession.

I agree 100%. I check these boards occasionally and one thing I always notice is that the Mesa flaming is mostly from other regional pilots.

If Mesa really is such a piece of work, with its pilots not able to fly, load an FMS, have a day off blah blah blah then how is the company so successful? Why do majors keep hiring Mesa and/or expanding its service?

Someone will shoot back a "they're the cheapest" answer. Not necessarily true. And even if it is, what message does that send? I'll tell you: airline seats are a commodity – just seats in the air. You can pound your chest on this board all you want about your regional airline's "quality" compared to Mesa, and illustrate your points with colorfully illustrated, isolated examples but the bottom line is nobody, including your major airline’s umbrella company management, or the general public, really gives a $hit.

So is that what really bothers you? Waking up all these years later, still working at another regional, needing a punching bag to motivate yourself to go to work today?

Taco Rocket said:
I agree 100%. I check these boards occasionally and one thing I always notice is that the Mesa flaming is mostly from other regional pilots.

If Mesa really is such a piece of work, with its pilots not able to fly, load an FMS, have a day off blah blah blah then how is the company so successful? Why do majors keep hiring Mesa and/or expanding its service?

Someone will shoot back a "they're the cheapest" answer. Not necessarily true. And even if it is, what message does that send? I'll tell you: airline seats are a commodity – just seats in the air. You can pound your chest on this board all you want about your regional airline's "quality" compared to Mesa, and illustrate your points with colorfully illustrated, isolated examples but the bottom line is nobody, including your major airline’s umbrella company management, or the general public, really gives a $hit.

So is that what really bothers you? Waking up all these years later, still working at another regional, needing a punching bag to motivate yourself to go to work today?

Listen jacka$$, you still don't understand. Mesa is a f##ken pain in the a$$ and a plague on what you used to be a decent career. Now you could react 2 ways...

Option 1: Defend Mesa and it's pathetic CEO and try to feel better (egotistic)

Option 2: Agree that the airline is sh*t and that changes must be made as soon as possible in it's contract (swallow your pride)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back